Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
yes it would go to the dry river beds and the locals parks the best and biggest park would be encanto park it is huge and sees several people a day but take some pepper spray with you and south mountain park but get out after dark the gangs rule the palce after dark or goto papago park it is out east of pheonix there was a ww2 prison camp out that way during the warjust do a little research at the local library an hour of reading would do the trick and a map of the town.

OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the reply olepossum! Having to buy some pepper spray seems a bit scary, but then again there was a gang shooting recently in a local FUN park I go to. I'm still rusty at doing all of the map research so I was just hoping to get a couple decent places to go from people who may live in the area. Chances are I probably won't get out as much as I might want to, but I didn't want to potentially be without my detector if a really good opportunity came up.

GULDDIGGER

Jul 15, 2008
I KNOW A FELLOW THAT USED TO HUNT ENCANTO A LOT. THERE USED TO BE A LOT OF SILVER. MOST IS DUG UP OR VERY DEEP! NO SITE IS EVER HUNTED OUT THOUGH, AS I DETECT HERE AND THERE AND STILL FIND STUFF. ALL THE WARNINGS ARE GOOD. BEST TO HUNT IN THE MORNING, GANGS ARE SLEEPING AND IT IS "COOLER OUT". EMPTY LOTS DOWN TOWN ARE GOOD. IF LOT IS MARKED WITH " NO DUMPING OR NO PARKING" SIGNS IT IS OK TO HUNT. IF MARKED NO TRESPASSING, IT IS WHAT IT IS. MY CLUB A.T.U. MEETS ON THE 21ST. OF JULY AT THE MINING/MINERAL MUSEUM AT 7PM. (THIRD MONDAY OF EACH MONTH) N.W. CORNER OF WASHINGTON AND 15TH AVE. GONE TO AC. THAT WEEK OR I COULD BE A PARTNER. OTHER OPTION IS THE SALT RIVER JUST AS YOU CROSS IT ON POWER ROAD.

Attachments

• papa\'s phone 011.jpg
    papa\'s phone 011.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 313
OP
OP
Brett

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Gulddigger, Thanks for the reply and the info! I didn't think about morning hunting because I'll probably be sleeping too. I definitely don't want to run into any gangs... I'm sure my detector will make them think my pockets are full of 24K gold diamond wedding bands. Even though you are out of town, are you still saying I should try to go to your club meeting or is it canceled? Some others suggested the dry river beds as well... hunting for gold. Is a small strong digging tool ok or would a shovel be better? I'm pretty much going to have to make the small digger work, but just wanted to be prepared mentally for hard digging. I'll check out those locations and see how close they are to where I'm staying.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread