gold mines in arkansas

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
Newspaper account from The Leflore County Sun,Oklahoma in Nov.20 1924 says there is gold deposit on Hedges Mountain near Hackett .
Also clipping from Heavener newspaper Dated September 10,1908 states gold has been found on land owned by J.M.Purser, conductor on the Arkansas Western road.Near Bates Ark.is the location.Shaft is 51 feet deep assays running $18.00 to the ton Gold an $15.25 ton silver.
Also Jack Ryun of Bates has found the same grade of ore a quarter mile south of Cauthron Ark. in a slope mine.

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BLACKFOOT said:
Newspaper account from The Leflore County Sun,Oklahoma in Nov.20 1924 says there is gold deposit on Hedges Mountain near Hackett .
Also clipping from Heavener newspaper Dated September 10,1908 states gold has been found on land owned by J.M.Purser, conductor on the Arkansas Western road.Near Bates Ark.is the location.Shaft is 51 feet deep assays running $18.00 to the ton Gold an $15.25 ton silver.
Also Jack Ryun of Bates has found the same grade of ore a quarter mile south of Cauthron Ark. in a slope mine.

Great info BLACKFOOT! Thanks for posting here in the Arkansas section. I have seen that info somewhere before, but I can't remember where. I see your only a few miles away from me here in Mansfield. I've been through Heavener several times, but have never got to stop and check anything out. Lots of history over there, over here and up in the mountains.

OP
OP
B

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2
i live on the bank of a seasonal creek that drains into a creek that has been rumored to contain pannable gold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread