ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I finally got to detect an old home site that I've had my eye on since I was introduced to metal detecting as a kid somewhere around 1980. I vaguely remember the old home from back then. It was practically falling down, but one of those huge old two story jobs that had a porch that wrapped all the was around. In its day, it was probably the biggest, nicest, most expensive home in my tiny little hometown.

I only had a couple of hours to detect. Less than 5 minutes into the hunt, and literally the first target I dug was a 1905-O Barber dime. A short while later I dig my first V nickel, a 1907. I think I'm on to something really good and can't wait to return.

Fast forward to this past Monday. I have all day to detect and expectations are high. 8 hours later I have only a 1970 penny to show for my efforts. I was a bit disappointed to say the least. I just can't believe that I practically started on top of a Barber dime and a V nickel, but was unable to find anything else over several hours.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Oooohhh that sounds so familiar, I finally got to detect an old fair grounds that I had wanted to since I was a kid. First hole I dug was an 1887 Indian head, 6 hours later nothing but trash and very little clad. Hang in there, like my Grandma used to tell me, every dog has his day :thumbsup:

HH Charlie

suprdave

Aug 3, 2010
LeFlore County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
even though ypu have slowed down on your finds it does seem that you have a good start on your bucket list barber dime is a great find still waiting on my first suprdave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread