Tell me what you see, tell me what you think... - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Tell me what you see, tell me what you think...

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Fontana, California
    NA
    902 times
    Prospecting
    Hi airborne, how about the 4 large rocks almost equally spaced in the right upper photo ? also looks like a large mound just below the 4 rocks. Good luck.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    463 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    Are there old county maps for the area in question or better yet old aerial photos? You could even get a possible better perspective by using the little clock on the task bar above in Google Earth. It only goes back so far in time due to the lateness of getting satellite pics, but it may show how the land was even a few decades ago giving you better clues. GL out there and let us know what you find.

us
    Just some guy.

Jan 2012
    Kentucky
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by airborne1092 View Post
    So IMO;
    The square is where I believe the old foundation to be.
    The circle, I believe is the loc for an old outbuilding.
    The triangle is where I'm certain a watering hole or old well is. My evidence being the lushness of the immediate area is evident of a neglected well or a spring. Doubtful it's just a seasonal depression where moisture collects as evidence by the well used game trail entering directly from the 5:30 position.
    The squggly arrows is where I believe the residents used to access the home.
    The white arrow I believe to be pointing at the old porch.
    And finally, the pink arrows are indicitive of intelligent planting and strikes me as not natural.
    Attachment 1841052

I know I'm late to the party, but I'm not so sure that the square is a house seat, it looks to big.. When I blow the picture up, the road/trail/tire tracks coming in from the bottom left is right at an 8th of an inch wide on my monitor.. and the square is an inch and 3/8th's.. Now, the track width of most modern cars/trucks are between 60 and 70 inches wide.. I'll split the difference and say 65 inches..

So an 1/8th of and inch is equal to 65 inches
    There are 11, 1/8th's in an inch and 3/8's..
    11 times 65 is 715 inches..
    There are 12 inches in a foot
    So 715 inches divided by 12 is 59.583333

That would make the square roughly 60 foot by 60 foot, which would be a huge homestead house, and would even be big for a barn of that era.. Maybe a it was a garden, or a corral ??

Curious if you've had time to go check this area out yet ?
    I have nothing funny to say at this time, check back later.

us
    Jul 2015
    Southwest PA
    Safari
    463 times
    Coins and valuable metals
    Welcome to TNET Barber. You make some valid observations and if one looked to the left of the triangle that you can see an even larger rectangular area. What is actually there is hard for us to 2nd guess with just this photo, but I think there's enough evidence of people having been there in the past. Just in what capacity and where is hard to say and worth investigating.

us
    Just some guy.

Jan 2012
    Kentucky
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks, I've been here for a while, just never posted much.. And yeah, I have a habit of over thinking things for some reason.. I don't know why, it just happens..
    I have nothing funny to say at this time, check back later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links