Stumped! Really need help with the artists name!

Sticks1

Jan 12, 2010
This is an original oil painting of a native american woman on horseback with a papoose on her back with the little girl walking beside her. They are on a wooded path of (I think quaking aspens) and they are headed toward a village of hogans on either side on top of painting. The first initial appears to be either an M or S. The next is what is confusing. The next letter appears to be a Y (I think) and the P is not capitalized. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN2611.JPG
    DSCN2611.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 617
  • DSCN2612.JPG
    DSCN2612.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 767
  • DSCN2613.JPG
    DSCN2613.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 762
OP
OP
S

Sticks1

Jan 12, 2010
There are no labels or information on the back of the painting. The date is either '83 or '23.

Gecko

Mar 1, 2007
The artist is M.L. Park... i have been unable to find a bio or other info on him but did find one other pianting on ebay. Here is the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COUNTRY-COTTAGE-ML-PARK-VINTAGE-OIL-BOARD-FRAMED-/400240743528
COUNTRY COTTAGE, ML PARK, VINTAGE OIL ON BOARD, FRAMED

This is a lovely vintage original oil on board painting

It is signed by the artist M L Park.

The painting is a country cottage in a rural landscape. It is mounted in a wooden frame painted white.

It is in fair condition overall. It does have some cracking to it and it is somewhat dirty. The frame is also a little damaged and it would benefit from being re-framed.

It measures 16 inches by 20 inches. The frame adds 1.5 inches around the outside

BTW: the seller is located in England

VICARAGE ROW
HELSTON
Cornwall
TR139PX
United Kingdom

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's just a production painting. something an artist massed produced dozens of these a week. Knocking out best selling themes quickily to sell cheaply and make a buck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread