SPANISH DISCOVERY AND NAMING OF AUSTRALIA - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: SPANISH DISCOVERY AND NAMING OF AUSTRALIA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    au
    Marty

Sep 2013
    Sydney
    CTX 3030 GPX 4500 Garrett Infinium LS 45 inch Coil sled mono
    701 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Hey ossy ,
    I saw a presentation by Dennis gojak who talked about Joseph hargraves (the man famous for aviation in Australia and had his face on the old $20note) and how he believed that rock carvings on point piper in Sydney were of the Spanish and done by aboriginals.There is a fenced off area in north bondI golfcourse that is believed to be Spanish..no one knows about it. Itsunami very cool. Hargraves believed the Spanish settled in point piper for a while and managed to get a dig to try to uncover artifacts but nothing was found and he lost his reputation....
    Ive been to bodi to view the carvings. Very interesting. What is really interesting is that the small site has a small chained off fence around it. Yet aboriginal carvings only 5m away are left open and are recarved every few years. Why put a small fence only around the baln ziah site? Point piper i have tried to get to but found its quite built up with houses now going right to the waters edge. Hard to gain access.
    I dont know if they are spanish. The symbols or text dont match anything the spanish used in their explorations of the world. Same with dutch. Cant make a connection. A wreck my lie due west of the carvings as with the symbol. But thats just my perception. No records have been made to a wreck site

au
    Marty

Sep 2013
    Sydney
    CTX 3030 GPX 4500 Garrett Infinium LS 45 inch Coil sled mono
    701 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithbrown View Post
    And I am curious why the English were so successful in destroying all the Spanish and Portuguese evidence, but left all those Dutch wrecks in place round Australia?
    Could be that most of the wrecks are around the alborous islands. May not have known of them.
    For a long time in the 1600s. The entire western side of Aus was known and shown on charts as New Hollad. With directions accually been given to ships heading to manilla. Once the head around Cape town. Sail east till you come to the great south land. Follow the land north to manilla. Which is why so many wrecks are in a small area. And why cast aways who survived went onto manilla and brought rescue back. Because they knew exactly where they were at the time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links