Cygnus-1X Metal Detector - Page 10
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: Cygnus-1X Metal Detector

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    40666 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I wish you well and I appreciate that you are doing this for people in the Hobby. Admirable Im excited to see what you come up with. I appreciate the time and effort you put into making this. I know why you are doing this not money but to give back to the Hobby I dont put any Expectations on you or Demands but I support your efforts and if something good comes from it or not its a great thing your doing. Tommy

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $2.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 89 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Mar 2014
    New Glarus,WI
    CTX,800,Explorer2,IDXPro-M,Compadre
    896 times
    “It can’t be any worse than the best machine out there today....that’s a fact”. If I’m understanding that statement correctly and it is meant to be interpreted at face value, that’s quite a statement. This is saying that this new “mystery machine” will ID coins better in general than a CTX3030? Is this something that’s been tested/compared/confirmed? This is going to trump EVERYTHING out there? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, I hope to see that one day. To ME, because it is SO far out there...I’m a complete skeptic, and as a “scientifically minded” person, it’s hard for me to accept spoken word over the scientific process. I hope someone has stumbled upon the “hidden key”, it’s just not likely with ALL of the electronics engineers and physicists already having had a crack at science as we know it.

Feb 2017
    1949 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I prefer to hope for the best, cheer the guy on and have fun while I’m waiting. It’s none of my business how he wants to market/promote/ produce his machine.
    Frankly I don’t care who’s going to test it /when/ if ...updates or not. It’s not like we never had to wait on something before in this hobby.

If this machine turns out to be all that and a bag of chips, Im going to feel much better about myself knowing I cheered him on rather than trying to swallow my own foot because of impatience or skepticism.

The proof is in the pudding ... we have to wait. It would be nice to see a machine that has it all... don’t care how long it takes.

As a matter of fact, take all the time you need to get it right.
    A2coins and Simon1 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vferrari View Post
    Doc - you ignored the key point of my question completely.

I wasn't talking about sales and frankly couldn't care less either whether or not you turn a profit or are profit driven, so feel free to ignore my comments on promotion opportunities, that was not the focus of my post.

My point was that you have designated your TNET associates as "testers" yet they are not going to even get their hands on a unit to test until JUST BEFORE you have committed to production of over 1000 units (your statement). I may be dense, but when someone is designated as a tester, that means they are using the unit, presumably in a pre-production iteration, and then providing feedback, presumably to address technical issues or to suggest improvements that can be factored into the unit. How does that work if you are already locking down the design for mass production? Are your "Associates" merely reviewers then, just giving their thoughts about your delivered product for the benefit of future users or are they an integral part of the design team? I get that you can probably address some issues through firmware updates and the like, but sometimes the mechanical packaging or user interface is flawed and that affects the production line, so if you have to change that up, will that result in additional delays?

As I stated previously, I don't want you to betray your IP, so that is why I am steering clear of asking about the unit itself and focusing on what you have said about how the machine will be brought to market and there just appear to be some inconsistencies and perhaps minor concerns from my vantage point that could hinder having a successful product roll out. That's my only concern. I don't really expect an answer at this point based your response MO regarding extreme secrecy, but if anything I am saying can help you think about potential flaws in your run up to production preventing delays, that's why I am putting it out there. I just want your game changing machine to be ready for prime time. Thanks and good luck.
    Thanks very much for your concerns. Try not to worry so much it's bad for the blood pressure, believe me I know There is a plan for everything but of course something could always go wrong, this is not my first rodeo except for the mass production piece which from where I stand is completely under control. Besides the punch list of production requirements there is also a rather long punch list of electronic tests and calibrations to be performed, they begin in days not months.

We have a great team of dedicated people helping too, and if I am reading right, it sounds like you are asking about internal FT's (field testers) assignments. If individual FT's wish to discuss their assignments within the scope of the NDA's that is their business but assignment categories have not been chosen yet nor has individual responsibilities as internal testing will happen first. Test parameters for them have not been completely defined yet though much of the physical requirements (including durability & waterproofing) are set in stone after much debate.

As internal testing is checked off, FT testing parameters will be completed and assigned. Our design methodology is such that ANY electronic change required that slips through initial testing can be done with relative ease up to and including plugging a part into a socket put there just in case for even 1000 units.

Also, some of our FT's that possess various skills will receive pre-production machines based on need and the passing of AviTech internal requirements.

Hope that helps with your question(s) though it sounds more like a labor union dispute to me. Read my signature

PS: I think we have a contingency plan for every single piece of the machine, literally.
    A2coins and Digger RJ like this.
    Something new is coming, the Cygnus, don't be left behind!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2015
    Near Ground Zero for Insanity
    XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
    7328 times
    Thanks for taking the time to respond in detail. We may be talking past each other a bit due to nomenclature of the internal FT's, which I take to be separate from your "in house" qualification testing team, but it sounds like you got the gist of what I was asking and have the potential concerns covered, so I'll let it go at that. Good luck, can't wait to see what your team comes up with.
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    255 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    I wish you well and I appreciate that you are doing this for people in the Hobby. Admirable Im excited to see what you come up with. I appreciate the time and effort you put into making this. I know why you are doing this not money but to give back to the Hobby I dont put any Expectations on you or Demands but I support your efforts and if something good comes from it or not its a great thing your doing. Tommy
    Thanks A2 - that means a lot. Giving back is a great thing and like I said - it can't be worse than what you can buy now.
    A2coins and calabash digger like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    255 times

Update

As promised - a periodic update. First let me say that I hope everyone is coping well with the current state of affairs and our prayers are with our country and in fact the world. We will get through this so hang tight and this will be over before you know it! I would add one more thing, we are fairing much better than other places in the world right now but more importantly, when the going gets tough the tough get going! When we needed to supply our guys with ammo on the front lines the elderly (that's me now ) and the women went to work in the homeland making munitions and helping to care for the country while those that were charged with battle did what they had to do about a century ago. We pull together regardless of all the diversionary tactics thrown at us normally - God Bless!

As life would have it I am self quarantined in the lab away from family who are also self quarantined literally states away. Lab results will soon yield a prototype which our field testers will bang away on! Some suppliers are slow right now very much understandably, but things will pick up soon and since I am stuck in the lab - oh well!

Stay safe, elbows only! We will ride this out and come out stronger than ever!!!!!!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2019
    Maryland
    MineLab
    255 times
    Just a heads up....the lab is just about fully functional although the situation in the world has put a strain on getting it all done. The very good news is that initial tests that were run just a few days ago designed to validate key concepts in our final requirements package passed beyond expectations.

This train has left the station....

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    32907 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Thank you for the update! Stay Healthy and Safe.

I'm looking forward to seeing the train. Good Luck on the final preparation.
    Bquamb and Czkidd like this.

Feb 2017
    1949 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Oh that’s good news! Congrats!
    So any idea ( a good guess will do) of when they might be available for sale? Where you will be selling them? (Brick and mortar or online) What will be the price range?
    I guess you’ll be testing them soon then?

Very exciting news! Thanks for sticking to it!
    Coinboy likes this.

ca
    Tall-ass coil sweeper

Dec 2014
    Vancouver Island
    CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
    509 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalArchSC View Post
    Oh that’s good news! Congrats!
    So any idea ( a good guess will do) of when they might be available for sale? Where you will be selling them? (Brick and mortar or online) What will be the price range?
    I guess you’ll be testing them soon then?

Very exciting news! Thanks for sticking to it!
    That's a loaded question. Nobody knows when this whole pandemic will be over and boarders will reopen and transport of certain goods will resume.
    Nobody can predict the outcome of this all, and when it will become (0) Zero again.

I am so, so, so very excited to hear the next phase and see what happens next. Any teasers on the difficulty areas you're currently facing.
    I'm glad the first tests were promising.

Feb 2017
    1949 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Lol. Well I guess one could call it a “loaded” question... one that is loaded with possible answers is better than one not asked at all.

Similarly,I wouldn’t try to shoot a weapon to hit a target if it wasn’t loaded. ... chances are better of doing so if you have more than one round in it.

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    29788 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hey guys, please refer to post #40 on this thread which I wrote. Unfortunately, due to the virus, all those sites are now 100% off limits. The only place I can dig is my lawn which I did today. Got a great horseshoe from the Civil War period, a zinc can lid, and cool brass thingie looks like part of a brass flour sifter. Also got one cent and some very old rifle cartridges. Bummer with that virus. Can't hardly get off the couch anymore.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Apr 05, 2020 at 01:03 PM.

Oct 2015
    NWNJ
    878 times
    Metal Detecting
    Smokey, once the test units are ready – you and the rest of the crew are welcome at my property to hunt.

Take a look at my signature to see what I have found in my yard in the last couple years with other detectors.

As I mentioned previously I built an extensive test garden with countless objects buried at exactly 6 inches and no other detector can see them, not my equinox, not my CTX, not my Garrett AT pro.

I am 110% sure there are a fantastic items still here. I have a couple acres.

Bring your camera, Rich can witness and you can film.
    cudamark and roygpa like this.
    Coins I have found in MY yard-

1775 British half penny, 178x half penny, 1816 Spanish 1/2 Reale, 1849 large cent, 1858 Seated Liberty quarter, 1892 Barber quarter, 18xx Shield nickel, 1897 Liberty head V nickel, a pile of Indian cents & Wheat pennies, 1946 dime, 1963 half dollar.

Atari Token

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel and a backhoe
    29788 times
    Banner Finds (8)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    It might work. Depends on the when the government lets us out of jail. It's too late to go south this year, the ticks are out and it was over ninety in SC the other day. The state police here have been massing on the state borders to stop people from going anywhere.
    Last edited by smokeythecat; Apr 05, 2020 at 02:27 PM.
    Coinboy likes this.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Sponsored Links