Aztec Trasure located already?

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
First, Gollum, if you are looking for a treasure, the more you know about the people, the culture at that time, and now, the better off you will be. Not knowing the current culture can get you injured killed or tossed in jail. And, knowing the culture at the time can give you clues to where the treasure might have been put. Even tidbits such as how they made scalpels helps you get inside their long deceased minds.

When my wife and I first married in 1975, she told me Emperor Moctezuma used to come to this village to visit. I WAS NOT NICE! Have you ever eaten a whole crow,feathers and all, badly decomposed, raw; without ketchup? I have. Blush.

What I sarcastically told her was I was sure George Washington wintered here while his troops froze in Valley Forge.

My wife is by documentation descended from the Moctezumas. Her great-grandma was a Moctezuma, b. 1866, d. 1916 of typhoid. No surviving males so the land changed to another family name. There are still two phones here listed to the Moctezuma family, and that is true all over Central Mexico, though I believe more are listed in the Mexico City area, of course. The Emperors had a lot of sons and daughters.

If you want to believe the gold was taken hundreds of miles away through enemy country, with no efficient way to feed the large number of carriers and guards, when plenty of secure places within Aztec territory were well known, feel free. It keeps you and others out of our hair, hee, hee. But, please forgive those of us who live here and understand why that makes no sense to us. Educated people here really laugh when I tell them what is believed.

Historians cannot find any real clues to where the Aztecs came from. At that time, Aztec historians said they did not know. Another reason they did not take the gold back where they came from. They did not know where it was.

A lot of people think the Aztecs wandered around until they saw the eagle and the snake on the lake. That is false. They stopped in Tula, north of Tenochtitlan for nearly 20 years, and maintained family ties with Tula from then on.

I think I am going to see if the Bernal Diaz book is available and order it ASAP. Are you aware of the controversy over his name? He was obviously in the thick of the conquering, and was an educated man, but his name appears nowhere in the list of people. Thus some say it may have even been a pen name of Cortes or another person close to him.

If you have not done so, get Letters from Cortes, the translation into English of the letters sent to the Spanish king by Cortes. It includes great details, if somewhat self-serving, of various incidents and battles. Those armored horses were like tanks. Send in a coupe horses, and hundreds of enemies are killed.

Anyway, I digress. Legends abound in my village. Several legends have been proven, such as the Aztecs coming here every year to collect tribute from the conquered tribes. Others are not susceptible at this time to being proven or disproven. One of those is that when they buried the treasure, it took them a week of digging to do it. For a large group of strong slaves, that implies a lot of gold.

I did not remember the claim that they saw buildings lined with gold, and later that gold was gone. That would certainly be enough gold to need a week to bury. The lack of knowledge of large quantities of gold was one reason I doubted any significant amount still existed after Cortes robbed them blind. But, that time period before the final battles would also give them plenty of time to run it out here and bury it.

Now, as far as them going North. If you know the history of the Aztecs, they were brilliant military strategists. It is highly unlikely they permitted anyone to know where they took the gold.

"Hey, listen up, guys! We got a hundred trillion dollars worth of gold we are going to hide, and we are going north! Do you hear me, north? Don't forget it now, N-0-R-T-H!!! If anyone asks, you tell them. North! Bye!"

Walk out of sight and turn to the correct destination and 48 to 72 hours later, they are at Moctezuma's summer place in the mountains, digging like fiends.

There are things we don't know. Okay, so this village, and probably but not certainly the house my wife lived in until she was 14 and went to high school in DF, were in existence pre-Cortes, and were used as a summer place by the Emperor's family. Were there also many others? Do those other places also have such legends? That would be helpful to know. You see, the Aztecs also probably knew about not putting all your eggs in one basket. So, there may be several villages like mine which have descendants from those same Emperors. And, if the gold were taken and buried, it may have been divided around.

One of the tales used to prove they took that gold into the US involves reports that "Montezuma" had trade connections with tribes in the US. The problem is, he was not even known as Montezuma in those days. That is a modern US version of his name. Cortes may have known him as Moctezuma, I cannot remember right off hand, but the Mexican people did not for a very long time after that. So, traders in Moctezuma's day would not have told Indians in the US that name, either.

I am not trying to offend here. I am trying to point out that when you do looking for gold, don't just look for reasons why gold may be located conveniently in a place that you have access to. But, also become aware of the reasons it may not be there. A lot of people are spending major portions of their lives looking for Aztec Gold in very unlikely places, and it's a shame.

Another factor just came to me. In the US area, the gold would not have been defended. They took it and left it more or less hidden, except for tracks of hundreds of hungry slaves, and walked away, trusting to the Gods? Does not compute.

Where I am, an hour away was a conquered tribe of tough fighters who could be called upon to fight off any invasion of the area. This place was defensible, and need not be abandoned as soon as the gold was buried.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning Coffee around?? A simple point to empathize is one does not normally bury a treasure where one cannot expect to return to recover it in their lifetime.

Since the older women are the living Library on marriages, births, scandals, and of course unusual happenings - such as thousands of slaves appearing etc. etc., especially with unusual activities, hence ---no rumors or hand me down stories ---- hmmmm.

Of course I still expect to see Golly's feet sticking out of a collapsed, early Spanish, indian slave, rathole. Course, I would love to see him with 'MY' loaded white Land Rover, also dragging various tons of loot behind him.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Friend Pie, "cafe??" As for the origin of the Aztecs, they originated in the Sinai, _ one of the 7 tribes ? Perhaps the infamous missing one, migrated across the Med to the remains of Atantis off of the coast of Spain - the place of reeds and herons - then off across the Atlantic to gradually migrate across the Southern present US to AZ., where they then traveled down to Mexico City, where they saw an Eagle having a late breakfast.

This also explains why they always kept looking for white bearded people from across the sea Giving Cortez an advantage in the fights to follow..

Don Jose de La Mancha

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
You could I suppose be correct about the origin of the Aztecs, and you have said this before.

But, modern y-marker DNA testing shows not a bit of Sinai or Jewish ancestry in the Aztecs. The LDS ran into this problem as well, didn't they?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True , but since we are only a max of the 32 nd cousin apart, and also read that DNA can modify, repair itself, regrow aging snips etc., hmmmmm? Also many of the Aztec words appear to be of Hebrew origin??

Bk to the subject in hand.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I have had my y-marker DNA tested. Also my mitochondriial. And, this year my family matching which looks for long sections in common. It even picked up the French from my paternal grandma, and the Spanish ancestors thousands of years ago of the Irish. And, some middle eastern way back in time, around 8%. I have learned a lot about DNA, what it can show, and what it cannot.

But, now i understand your belief is based on your religious beliefs, and thus not to be debated on scientific basis. Sorry.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
That was my point, no point in arguing about it when you believe as you do. And, I cannot answer your last question with an agreement not to argue about it.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I don't know that scientists are arguing about it. I criticize some of it, because they want you to believe you can identify your great-great-grandfather, which is false.

And, as far as Aztec gold, I have it on my list. 100 years ago, a big piece of Aztec gold was found as a neckpiece of a skeleton, about 30 yards from my property line, big enough it was used to buy the new church bell, which is still in use. If it's here, (and I am not sure it is because I'm not sure there was gold Cortes didn't rob, though that Bernaz claim of houses being clad with it has shaken my opinion considerably) there are a limited number of places it can be. They are all on private property of people (my wife's family) who are documented as descendants of Moctezuma I.

I would like to know if it's here, but frankly, if I found it, I would cover it back up and forget about it. Such gold would be nothing but trouble, and most likely the Federal government would claim it all anyway. And, maybe confiscate everyone's land and buildings with little or no compensation.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Piegrande,

Government intrusion would be a headache, but another worry would be Cartel swooping in and taking everything. I know about a small town in Northern Mexico that hid a treasure in 1723. Based on a letter found, they recovered their bell, but they won't get the treasure because the publicity would bring in Cartel Bandits. They have been sitting on the treasure for many years now.

If I lived in Mexico, I would be researching Maya-Phoenician Interactions. When the airport at (I think) Merida was being built, several clay platters were found that were inscribed in Phoenician. Historians called them fakes and said they were planted. I don't know what happened to them. I also know that Phoenician Gold Staters were found in conjunction with what may have been a Mayan Burial (although I can't go into detail about those circumstances).

Best - Mike

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum.good day to you and our fellow hunters.you have something going on.even though the chances are slim.there is a possibility the Phoenicians.or any other culture predated the Vikings on landing on the American continent.if you take into account that the Phoenicians and other were traveling the seas for centuries it is reasonably that some castaways would've make it to faraway lands.there's a strong point to be. made in Veracruz Mex.there's strong circumstantial evidence the Olmecs had an African elite as their rulers.this can be deduced by their monumental head stone sculptures.and some features in the native population that predates the slave trade to the Americas.I truthly believe in genetic science
And a comparative gene study would be needed to find out.I'm not an expert to refute anybody on anything but the peer reviews in the scientific community is an assurance to all of us that the accepted knowledge is trustful even though not infallible..happy hunting.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I don't have time to dig it out now. But, a book was written many years ago which claims the Phoenecians made scheduled trips to the North American continent to mine copper. There was even a large quarry, I think in Canada, with a tree growing out of it that was very old. This was when the first European settlers visited that area.

There is an idigenous tribe in southern Mexico. They recorded their language, and people in Japan could understand around 1/4 of it.

I for one do not rule out the possibility that people traveled across the ocean long before Columbus came over.

And, even with DNA testing (which I believe) there is at least one tribe in Canada whose DNA shows they came across the ocean, instead of being part of the Bering Strait migration.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I just ordered the Diaz book from Amazon. There was a version $11.98 which sounded the best. While I was placing the order someone else purchased it. so, I had to take one that sounded in less good shape, same price. Still, I am sure it will be legible. I hope.

It does sound like something I need in my library. Thanks for tip.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In april I should have a small dry wash operation in this region.that's if I get all my equipment by then.I already have 2 small dust collectors from harbor freight.and a keene 140.and a few people are interested in comming to do some exploration so hopefully in a few years I will call myself a miner.no pain no gain.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of success Dis USA. Side issue, but fired bricks from one of the Mexican pyrmids have a Roman Spervisors initales who was based in Africa. So yes, they did have contact with Africa etc.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
D

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Chinese and Canadians are in high gear claiming choice land in Southern Mexico.pretty soon there wont be any left.Im scrapping my plans for the dry wash .the area I had in mind was claimed a few weeks ago.well.I never claimed any land.so Im thinking about forgetting the whole mining bussisness for good.I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread