Is a great Aztec treasure still waiting to be discovered?

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I am confused. Taxco is most certainly not 200 miles SE of Mexico City. I believe 200 miles SE puts you well past Oaxaca City. That may be a typo, of course, just saying.

I assure you if the Mexican government knew where the treasure was, they would get it.

If someone wants to believe the Aztecs mounted a major expedition to travel hundreds of miles with a large quantity of gold through enemy territory, with all the logistical problems, in a time of a major epidemic and major battle, instead of taking it two days to friendly territory, hey, go for it. You can wander around Arizona and similar places, and you can't in Mexico, like looking for your lost keys under the street light, instead of where you lost them, in the old joke.

I do not suggest there is no gold in those places, in fact there most probably is, just that it is unlikely it is the treasure from Tenochtitlan.

The road to the most likely place in my community where the gold would be buried, is MINE, and if you come looking for gold, I will run you off. And, if you try to come in from the other side, the cousins will sic their dogs on you. :D

Actually, my theory is, if there was a lot of gold left after Cortes robbed them, it may have been sent to more than one place controlled by the Moctezuma family. As I said before, they did not conquer that large an area by being stupid.

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The corruption rampart in Mexico is the number one issue against sharing my info.because any treasure wouldn't go to museums.more likely it would go to politicians.just like the "joyas del pescador" in the 70's.

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What you been up to lately Amigo?.where do you live in the USA ?I would like to see you one day.I have a feeling you r a walking encyclopedia.maybe I can grasp a few things with you friend.I live in the Visalia area.if you can send me a private message.have a good one Amigo.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
If I find the treasure I expect to frantically cover it up as fast as I can. I would not expect to ever have any personal gain, even if we found the 15 tons mentioned on other recent threads. But, I sure could be robbed and/or killed. For me, this is a matter of curiosity.

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compadre Tayopa.would you consider a two week trip to Southern Mexico all expenses paid?.of course not 5 stars Hotels but decent commodities will be available.I wish you could see the Mineral deposits I so much talk about.and maybe you can hook us up with anybody willing to strike it rich.our two main illnesses is lack of machinery and knowledge.I came up with an Idea I think can work for a provisional dry wash operation and all it would take is a backpack blower and 10' of corrugated hose which will be fed through a hopper.simple things work better I think.if interested I can send you a diagram.the bottom ridges of the hose should have cero pressure and any gold dust falling should stay in place and the rest of the sands should be push out of the hose.what do think amigo?.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd evening Distrib, coffee? 'always' interested in new ideas,etc., but unfortunately, due to the market, like all of the others, no money, others are finishing up one of the Tayopa Project off shoots for me.. I have high hopes for this year.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread