A Princess is Coming! A Princess is Coming!

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
My sister-in-law called my wife and said a "princess" is coming to visit my village. Probably a descendant of Moctezuma II part of the Moctezuma family, descendant most likely of Isabel, daughter of Moctezuma II. Their history is reported in the book, Moctezuma's Children, written not long ago by a history professor. Actually, she had it written and another person prepared it for publication after she died.

She is not a princess. That family took titles of nobility in Spain, but not the level of princess. I forget; dukes, barons, earls, whatever.

So, the question is, why would she come here? There are many other places where descendants of Moctezuma lived. Those emperors sent their daughters to marry other important chiefs to many places.

I joked with my wife she will probably be looking for me. Several weeks ago, a high school girl from another village came to my door, with her family. She had to do a term paper, and she chose the Moctezuma family. Someone in her village told her to talk to me, that I was known as the expert on that family. Amazing. (To me, at least.)

We live next to the Moctezuma house, so I did give her a tour. She liked our door, which was the last original door in the Moctezuma house.

This is only possible for a new foreigner to be the expert when locals know very little, as opposed to the foreigner knowing a lot.

Maybe she knows where the treasure is buried? :hello2:

Anyway, I will believe it when I see it.

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know if anything exciting happens during the visit! Cheers :)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
piegrande, that's really interesting and thanks for sharing with us!
Maybe she will tell you they hid treasures inside their doors! LOL!
Pics would always be cool, too! Thanks again.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hio Kitty Pat: while waiting for Lupita to bring you a bowl of fesh milk, I am presently, patiently waiting for my present for the present period of time. As for worrying if there really is a dog, may I suggest just be careful to stay out of the street. There really are vehicles out there.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
It is probably no secret that I am a bit skeptical by nature. I have heard no more about the visitor, and will believe it only when it happens.

Of course, due to new immigration laws in Mexico, I had to return to the States for the last three weeks. But, no one mentioned it when I came back.

I like the joke about the treasure being inside the door. Heh, heh.

OP
OP
P

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Well, a long time has passed and no princess. Unless a sweet, pretty, little 5 year old girl who is a known descendant of Moctezuma counts. :D

Since this was posted, I obtained the Bernal Diaz book, and the treasure could be many tons. So, probably not in the door. Plus 4 men carried the door from the House of Moctezuma when they put it in our new house. It was a big door even without gold in it.

I guess there is no reason except forgetfulness for not posting a picture of that old door. I will try to remember tomorrow when the sun is out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread