Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: More thoughts

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Feb 2008
    620 times
    What if we say piegrande is certain a treasure exists but nobody with a lick of sense would
    go searching for it because of the reasons mentioned. Some treasures are just off-limits
    and this is a great example.
    piegrande likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    8591 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by piegrande View Post
    ..... but I do wonder if you have read all I have written. Or read a couple postings and went into pooh-pooh mode?
    I read just a couple of postings, gathered the gist, and went into poo-poo mode. Because I ALREADY KNOW they will sound bullet proof and iron clad. So too are ALL the treasure legends of Mexico certain and without a doubt. Right ?

And the ones we chased, were, like yours, replete with skeletons adorned with stuff , coins that were already found (hence a detector would make child's play of finding the rest) , caches already found by persons they know, etc... But when we get there, under scrutiny, it turns out no one's ever *actually* seen the coins, or the skeleton, or the cache, etc.... No matter how far back you try to trace the story, it becomes clear that what had been "first hand" when the story was told to you , is, in reality, infinite in regression.

And sure, I'm sure some of the stories would have photos like you say exist with your skeleton. So too were the treasure stories that filled ever treasure magazine from the 1960s and 70's replete with faded newspaper articles, pictures of bandits, even pix of coins, etc...... Sorry to be a kill-joy, but .... been-there-done-that.

Dec 2012
    on the rocks - so cal county line
    Gold bug pro / Whites coin master II
    476 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Pic came from internet somewhere , does anyone know the history of this piece?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	386836_f520.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	1274931  
    Now that the dirty work is done all's that is left is the digging

mx
    May 2010
    369 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lastleg View Post
    What if we say piegrande is certain a treasure exists but nobody with a lick of sense would
    go searching for it because of the reasons mentioned. Some treasures are just off-limits
    and this is a great example.
    Exactly. For those who may not remember there is a long-term member here who is in the same boat as far as believing the treasure is near him, but simply cannot get permission to search.

mx
    May 2010
    369 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    I read just a couple of postings, gathered the gist, and went into poo-poo mode. Because I ALREADY KNOW they will sound bullet proof and iron clad. So too are ALL the treasure legends of Mexico certain and without a doubt. Right ?

And the ones we chased, were, like yours, replete with skeletons adorned with stuff , coins that were already found (hence a detector would make child's play of finding the rest) , caches already found by persons they know, etc... But when we get there, under scrutiny, it turns out no one's ever *actually* seen the coins, or the skeleton, or the cache, etc.... No matter how far back you try to trace the story, it becomes clear that what had been "first hand" when the story was told to you , is, in reality, infinite in regression.

And sure, I'm sure some of the stories would have photos like you say exist with your skeleton. So too were the treasure stories that filled ever treasure magazine from the 1960s and 70's replete with faded newspaper articles, pictures of bandits, even pix of coins, etc...... Sorry to be a kill-joy, but .... been-there-done-that.
    Tom, there is nothing negative you can say that I did not also say for around 30 years. But, also let us be frank. You searched places based on a few hours study and preparation, right? That is far different from a 30 year study based on one place. Your total effort seems to have been less than a month.

So, no, actually, you have not done that.

And, no, this one is not iron clad. What I said was in the end all the details including what I call reverse engineering, left no inconsistencies.

By definition, my data is based on MY PERSONAL INTERPRETATIONS. No one else can judge the reliability of my wife's grandpa because you don't know him nor his grand-daughter (my wife). I have heard character references over many years. So, my writings are personal opinions and cannot be more than that.

And, again, I say everyone should make their own opinion as I did. But, poo-poo does not change the facts and reputed facts nor opinions. All they do is tell us your personal opinion.

mx
    May 2010
    369 times
    One key fact in my study is it is based on Bernal Dias reported facts about the amount of goodies and how much survived based on Aztec reports. If he lied, or the Aztecs did,then there may be no treasure at all. If he did not lie then there is a treasure SOMEWHERE. The Tenochas were known to be owners of this land, but also of other places around the Central Highlands. If they split the treasure between several locations then the amount would be highly inflated.

I have never totally rejected the possibility that the skeleton itself was the important thing buried, though MII is alleged to be buried some other place. Still, there were other important family members whose importance would justify a special burial with a gold neckpiece.

mx
    May 2010
    369 times
    >>"I read just a couple of postings, gathered the gist, and went into poo-poo mode."

Sorry, I missed that. It is pretty much what I suspected was the case. Which is also what you did on your short exploration in Mexico. No in-depth investigation. Grab a local tale and go with it. Not wrong, just not declarative.

My personal guess is most who have read all I have written are not sure the treasure is really there. But, they are more aware of the logic I used to my conclusion.
    Roadhse2 likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links