Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Emergence of Pyramids in the Americas

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2005
    Laveen, AZ
    Tesoro Lobo
    43 times

Re: Emergence of Pyramids in the Americas

Check out Carl Munck,

Archaeocryptography

http://www.pyramidmatrix.com/bent_pyramid.htm

I had the opportunity to see his DVD's a number of years ago. If you can do the math you can verify every fact that he presents. Tons of documented info relating to pyramids around the planet.

Ellie Baba

mx
    May 2010
    98 times

>>especially when so many individuals disagree with one another.

Over my 68 years of trying to sort through all the different opinions on every possible topic, I have developed a personal policy.

When experts disagree, I am as qualified to decide as they are.

This may sound arrogant, until you think it through, then it makes sense. If great experts have opposite opinions, then it really isn't very important who is right, and whatever suits me is good.

Many years ago, a science fiction short story poked fun at the archaeologists who assume everything primitive had a religious significance. Eons in the future when beings from afar visited the cold, dead Earth, the only sign of a previous life was a small piece of strange material, which had visual images of the ancient people on it.

They studied it for a very long time, noting the strange shape of the biped in the images, especially its head.

Finally, they admitted they would never understand the religious significance of the image nor the characters on the last few images, "T-t-t-that's all folks."

Living in a different culture, I have learned that the human drama is the same everywhere and at all times. All the personality types and behavior patterns exist the same, the only difference is how a given society reacts to those things.

So, you can be sure in ancient times, people did lots of things for fun, even if they had to hide it from the leaders.

And, in ancient times, human migration at times involved a small band of rebellious young men who steal some girls, and in a year or two are a thousand miles away.

I might be all wet, but anything else would imply too drastic a change in human nature to be believable.

If you want to study ancient events, assume many of the same human characteristics you see today, but with different levels of science and technology and political systems.

Charter Member

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    939 times

Don Jose,

"Joe: You owe me the internet address of that 'BBC Caral documentary' or I will haunt you. You will never get any rest. I'll hound you into the ground."

I think this is what you want, but all you need to do is enter "caral pyramids" in Google or your search engine, and you will get all the information you desire, or just go here: http://www.google.com/search?q=caral...e=utf8&oe=utf8

One of the places you will find the documentary is here:

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-l...mids-of-caral/

Take care,

Joe

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1980 times

You may rest easy now Joe, You effigy will not be molested for 'this' reason, stillllllllllllll

Gracias

Don Jose de La Mancha el *Tropical Trampo*

"I exist to live, not live to exist"

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    1980 times

Buenas dias mi amigo Big foot: You posted --> in ancient times, human migration at times involved a small band of rebellious young men who steal some girls
    I am curious, why in the world would they do that ??

"I exist to live, not live to exist"

mx
    May 2010
    98 times

Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa (Tropical Tramp
    Buenas dias mi amigo Big foot: You posted --> in ancient times, human migration at times involved a small band of rebellious young men who steal some girls
    I am curious, why in the world would they do that ??

Hee, hee. I am reminded of the song, It's Later Than You Think.

That is just a theory I have. The usual staid theories are primitive humans didn't move around very much or migrate anywhere fast.

Living in Mexico I have learned that the basic human drama is the same in all cultures. So, to assume the usual belief that primitive people were totally different, well, I will never know, I just don't believe it. That contradicts everything I know about young males and the young nubile girls who pretend not to be interested in them.

I am reminded of my wife's grandfather, three times president of this county. He was married to a woman who had been really sweet until they married...

It is alleged that after a few difficult years he wandered off and 'stole' a 27 year old woman from a nearby ranch in 1918, but it is more likely she was telling him, "Steal me faster, Francisco. My father is coming." They had 8 kids between 1918 and 1937, 6 still alive, including the first born. He lived to be 82, and she lived to be 94. For some reason, that first wife never found another husband...

us
    urbantreasure

Jun 2013
    Georgia
    Bounty Hunter
    23 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Springfield View Post
    Well, granted, the Great Pyramid isn't in the Americas, but some that are in the New World are pretty impressive work for guys trying to emulate mountains. The Teotihuacan complex, if you haven't been there, gives one a star-trek sort of feeling. If I'm not mistaken, the place is a scale model of our solar system. The submerged pyramid discovered under a lake in Wisconsin is interesting too - related to the massive copper mines in the region I believe. There was a whole lotta civilization going on in the old days.
    A whole lotta civilization in the Americas is right! Very good point. I was reading that the Cohokia mound period in Illinois at its zenith (A.D. 1050-1300) was roughly the size that Philadelphia became later on circa 1800's.

donald peterson

Jan 2013
    somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
    Whites prism III
    1914 times
    Relic Hunting
    'cuse me...but the Aztec were johnnie come lately to both pyramids and gold in meso America...

really...doesn't anyone study history anymore?
    piegrande and cactusjumper like this.

us
    urbantreasure

Jun 2013
    Georgia
    Bounty Hunter
    23 times
    I wish we could have kept this tread going longer! The Maya were so advanced a race of people, even by today's standards. It makes one question why the cultures living in North America did not seem to be as advanced in the same ways. For instance the Maya had immense infrastructure, building prowess, metal working ability. Their pyramids were larger and more grand. Their use of gold, silver and gemstones for jewelry, adornments, statues, cups etc. is quite stunning. It is thought by some that perhaps the North American mound builder societies (Southeast) didn't place a cultural, social, monetary or religious value on precious metals the way the Maya did. However, this makes no sense to me. Both North American and Mayan cultures had similar terrain, weather, tools, technology, manpower and geological availability. But the most extensive use of any metal in at least the Midwest to the Southeast was the Copper Culture of the Great Lakes region. Very little of any other precious metal has been found in mound excavations. Oddly enough there were no known mounds West of the Mississippi.

us
    urbantreasure

Jun 2013
    Georgia
    Bounty Hunter
    23 times
    I didn't say anything about Aztecs.

us
    urbantreasure

Jun 2013
    Georgia
    Bounty Hunter
    23 times
    I think most of the comments by all were in consideration of all pyramid or mound builders of the Americas and not any one culture at a specific time.

donald peterson

Jan 2013
    Whites prism III
    1914 times
    Relic Hunting
    hummm...not one of you posted how the axtec were johnnie come lately when it comes to both pyramids an gold in meso America...
    doesn't anyone study history anymore?
    cactusjumper likes this.

donald peterson

Jan 2013
    Whites prism III
    1914 times
    Relic Hunting
    desertmoon's first sentence..."Looking at the mystery of the Aztecs gold, I think its important to consider all angles and information"

pw
    Apr 2003
    New Mexico
    BS
    1151 times
    Here's a recently recognized overgrown man made pyramid. Guess where it's located?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pyramida sunca.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	822750
    ​Adios, amigos - it's been interesting.

ca
    May 2007
    530 times
    Last edited by somehiker; Jul 02, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
    Hell,you ain't never too old to look!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors