Emergence of Pyramids in the Americas

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Real de Tayopa (Tropical Tramp said:
Buenas dias mi amigo Big foot: You posted --> in ancient times, human migration at times involved a small band of rebellious young men who steal some girls
I am curious, why in the world would they do that ??

Don Jose de La Mancha el *Tropical Trampo*

Hee, hee. I am reminded of the song, It's Later Than You Think. ;D

That is just a theory I have. The usual staid theories are primitive humans didn't move around very much or migrate anywhere fast.

Living in Mexico I have learned that the basic human drama is the same in all cultures. So, to assume the usual belief that primitive people were totally different, well, I will never know, I just don't believe it. That contradicts everything I know about young males and the young nubile girls who pretend not to be interested in them.

I am reminded of my wife's grandfather, three times president of this county. He was married to a woman who had been really sweet until they married...

It is alleged that after a few difficult years he wandered off and 'stole' a 27 year old woman from a nearby ranch in 1918, but it is more likely she was telling him, "Steal me faster, Francisco. My father is coming." They had 8 kids between 1918 and 1937, 6 still alive, including the first born. He lived to be 82, and she lived to be 94. For some reason, that first wife never found another husband...

urbantreasure

Jun 7, 2013
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, granted, the Great Pyramid isn't in the Americas, but some that are in the New World are pretty impressive work for guys trying to emulate mountains. The Teotihuacan complex, if you haven't been there, gives one a star-trek sort of feeling. If I'm not mistaken, the place is a scale model of our solar system. The submerged pyramid discovered under a lake in Wisconsin is interesting too - related to the massive copper mines in the region I believe. There was a whole lotta civilization going on in the old days.
A whole lotta civilization in the Americas is right! Very good point. I was reading that the Cohokia mound period in Illinois at its zenith (A.D. 1050-1300) was roughly the size that Philadelphia became later on circa 1800's.

urbantreasure

Jun 7, 2013
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish we could have kept this tread going longer! The Maya were so advanced a race of people, even by today's standards. It makes one question why the cultures living in North America did not seem to be as advanced in the same ways. For instance the Maya had immense infrastructure, building prowess, metal working ability. Their pyramids were larger and more grand. Their use of gold, silver and gemstones for jewelry, adornments, statues, cups etc. is quite stunning. It is thought by some that perhaps the North American mound builder societies (Southeast) didn't place a cultural, social, monetary or religious value on precious metals the way the Maya did. However, this makes no sense to me. Both North American and Mayan cultures had similar terrain, weather, tools, technology, manpower and geological availability. But the most extensive use of any metal in at least the Midwest to the Southeast was the Copper Culture of the Great Lakes region. Very little of any other precious metal has been found in mound excavations. Oddly enough there were no known mounds West of the Mississippi.

urbantreasure

Jun 7, 2013
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think most of the comments by all were in consideration of all pyramid or mound builders of the Americas and not any one culture at a specific time.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Here's a recently recognized overgrown man made pyramid. Guess where it's located?

pyramida sunca.jpg

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cactus this is a excellent post and I have pondered some of the same questions here. What would a pyramid look like after 10,000 years here left unattended? Would the stone be used for other purposes? What could we expect to find in one? I also read somewhere the pyrmids of Egypt were linked to other structures by tunnels. What would be the purpose of living underground or need for those tunnels? Well you see where I am going with this. Great post cactus.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,

You could, of course, be correct. Personally, I would wait a little longer before making such a positive statement. I believe and :dontknow: is not a very strong statement that the pyramid is not man made. That being said, I remain unconvinced. Have to wait until tonight to view the video.

It's the 30,000 Years old that gives me pause.

Take care,

Joe

Well I'm going by the Video of course .
unless the Video shows a different pyramid.

Age ?
how do you realistically tag an age to anything made of Rock.
it could have been made today, it could
be millions of years old.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wayne,

After a great deal of investigation, I believe, it's been determined that the "pyramid" was not man-made.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe

Been following this controversy for a number of years, which is why I immediately recognized the hill in springfield's photo.
The two links I provided, if you read them, give a reasonable assessment of the validity of the claims that these hills are "pyramids", IMO.
Having seen some of the early reports and photos of the excavations, and being somewhat interested in geology, I compared the claims for man-made construction with what the natural geology of the area reveals.This link gives a brief synopsis of what I found to be the case...: Dr. Robert Schoch reports geology of Bosnia and Pyramids, Dr. Colette Dowell & Semir Osmangic...

A more in depth report...http://irna.lautre.net/Geology-of-the-Bosnian-pyramids.html

Regards:Wayne

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Been following this controversy for a number of years, which is why I immediately recognized the hill in springfield's photo.
The two links I provided, if you read them, give a reasonable assessment of the validity of the claims that these hills are "pyramids", IMO.
Having seen some of the early reports and photos of the excavations, and being somewhat interested in geology, I compared the claims for man-made construction with what the natural geology of the area reveals.This link gives a brief synopsis of what I found to be the case...: Dr. Robert Schoch reports geology of Bosnia and Pyramids, Dr. Colette Dowell & Semir Osmangic...

A more in depth report...Geology of the Bosnian "pyramids" - Le site d'Irna

Regards:Wayne

Wayne,

As I wrote, "After a great deal of investigation, I believe, it's been determined that the "pyramid" was not man-made."
dontknow.gif

I have seen nothing to change that belief.

Jeff,

I did not place the age of the "pyramid" at 30,000 years old. These days, I believe they are starting to "date" stones. What gave me pause was the technology and man power required to build such monuments.:dontknow:

[According to our correspondent Richard Hoyle, who is part of this Summer’s excavation team, “the Bosnian pyramids are 30,000 years old, which predates any known human civillisation”.]

30,000 years ago, the Neanderthal were close to extinction. I believe the number has been placed at around 1,000.

Once again, I believe it's a little early to be making absolute statements. From the evidence I have seen, so far, it seems unlikely that those "pyramids" are anything more than natural.

Of course my opinion and five bucks will get me an average cup of coffee.
:coffee2:

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry These are Natural ?

Untitled2e.jpg

Untitledhiy.jpg

as for age, Re, listening to the vid,
due to Wood being tested they say between 15,000 & 45,000 years old.
Testing wood is Believable imo.

Since I'm confident in my belief, & making an "absolute statement"
No I won't be doing any arguing :laughing9: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread