Brought To Life

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I just watched the ceremony for the last Nimitz class nuclear aircraft carrier,Geo.W.H.Bush.It was outstanding.When the command for the crew to man their ship and bring her to life was given and I watched those young men and women board their ship,I am not ashamed to say that I cried.I am 73yrs old and remember the tradgedies and victorys of WW11 and I guess patriotism was made eternally a part of me.I was in the USAF for 8yr(entered just before Korea ended) but worked 25yr for the navy and built new ships and overhauled ships,brought the Iowa back to life and repaired the Stark and Cole and I became very close to the Navy and it's traditions.God Bless our service people.My cousin,who has passed,was the masterchief on the Nimitz's maiden voyage.Admiral Buckaly,who accepted the surface ships,new and overhauled,knew me and my cousin and always made a point of visiting whichever one of us at the time and complimenting and congratulating us for the combined yrs we had given.Again,I hope some of you watched the 'Bush' come to life.

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
Good story.Did you see this in person?? Thanks for your time in the Korean War.That was just as nasty as WW2.I've got a good Marine buddy here that was at the "Frozen Chosin".He told me some fantastic stories.Take care Idig

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Great post...

These patriotic themes are lost on today's youth. I did not see the show but enjoyed your post WD!

I say that after 24 plus years active and now as an active Dept. of the AF Civilian.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread