Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Seventy one years ago, then Sergeant Schueler lost his 'dog tag' while fighting the Germans at the “Battle of the Bulge”. Five years ago, Georges and Eric from France posted on TN a pic of his service ('dog') tag that they had found, seeking more information regarding the name on the tag; Herbert Schueler. What happened next can be read on this thread:http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/honorable-mention/230822-help-us-find-soldier-schueler.html

With sorry, I found out today (how fitting a weekend: Memorial) that Sergeant Schueler passed away earlier this year; yet I'm pleased in the knowledge that with the assistance of Georges and Eric,we were able to return his 'dog tag'during his lifetime. Too quickly, we a losing those heroes from WWII.
This Memorial Day weekend I remember Sergeant Schueler and what he represents; what keeps us free today.
Don...

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you Don. I wasn't here when all of that happened, and probably never would have known about that story if you hadn't posted this. ...Isn't exactly easy to see the screen with tears welling up in both eyes. Great story(!!), great cooperation.

Have you kept in touch with your friends in France?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Cool! Have heard how there is a celebration (not the word I want, but my brain is asleep!) held there every year in honor of those military troops and their sacrifice. Would love to be able to go one year!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread