I appolgize for thi is rant, where were they when we came home?

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys! Want to say "welcome Home!" to each and all of you who served in Viet Nam! And... "Thank you for serving" for all of you who weren't in Viet Nam. You could have been sent there any day of your service.

I was there Oct 1966 to Oct. 1967 with the 1st Cav Division (Airmoble). I wasn't in a combat unit, but saw some action. Mortars, etc., incoming small arms, ammo dump explosion and so on and on. Came home to the backwoods and mountains of northeastern Oregon where there wasn't much protesting or opposition. Went to college here, got a bachelors degree (took me six year for a 4-year degree). Opposition and small protests grew as the years went on, but I avoided them. I didn't tell anyone I was a Viet Nam veteran. In fact if I found out or heard someone was a Vet I would avoid them too. Just did my thing, went to work full-time while going to school. hung out with friends, drank (a lot) and raised my kids. 38 years after retuning home I was diagnosed with PTSD & depression (which I denied for all those years), Agent Orange exposure and related diseases. Hearing shot to hell from the ammo dump and artillery. Over the years, with therapy and vet friends I worked things out and at 73 am in a good place... have been for many years.

I hear you all and relate to almost everything everyone of you has said. Thank you for being there for me and each other.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi guys! Want to say "welcome Home!" to each and all of you who served in Viet Nam! And... "Thank you for serving" for all of you who weren't in Viet Nam. You could have been sent there any day of your service.

Please understand, in the case of Vietnam, just what did we serve except for self preservation?

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread