He Thanked ME for MY Service!!! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: He Thanked ME for MY Service!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    20510 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I'm sitting upstairs in my sanctuary - ain't nobody coming up to see me. And I'm listening to all this crap Mom's listening to downstairs......

It would be great if I could throw a grenade downstairs, but it is what it is. I'm not even sure my pecker works anymore!!!!!

We got some serious disappointment going on here.

Me? Just what do I got left anymore?
    troutbum likes this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Steve

Sep 2014
    Maryland
    Minelab EXt 505, Tesoro Sand shark, Whites coinmaster pro. Tesoro Compadre.
    53 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    Great post piegrande!

Though I served almost a full four years, '69 - '73, I never got orders to Nam while others around me did. Luck of the draw, who knows?!?

It has bothered me as well and always make it a point to say I am a Viet Nam ERA Vet rather than a Viet Nam Vet.
    Thanks for your service Ron. I told you guys I did a year in Nam, but without the support guys I never would have made my 12 months. I volinteered for Nam , I was married, that didn't last long with me gone.lol. The thing is you served your country. So big whup, I can go to a VFW. I think everyone who seved can go now anyway. Oh,I'm hunter 12 form the other forum.
    Last edited by troutbum; Jan 09, 2021 at 05:58 PM.
    SeabeeRon likes this.
    All who fought in our Armed forces, Did so that you can be free. Nam, 1969 -1970.

X-terra 505, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro compadre, Equinox 600.

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    77144 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I also say... Thanks for your service.
    troutbum likes this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread - http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

mx
    May 2010
    618 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepseekerADS View Post
    I'm sitting upstairs in my sanctuary - ain't nobody coming up to see me. And I'm listening to all this crap Mom's listening to downstairs......

It would be great if I could throw a grenade downstairs, but it is what it is. I'm not even sure my pecker works anymore!!!!!

We got some serious disappointment going on here.

Me? Just what do I got left anymore?
    I left Texas the day after Christmas. I was totally miserable, 10 months essentially in prison. I drove to Texas, but with terrible insomnia did not feel I could drive 850 miles across Mexico. So, a nephew who drives those big double trailer rigs over 50,000 miles a year in the mountains of Mexico met us in Reynosa and drove us home. I did not realize how bad a shape I was in until I crossed the border. Fifteen minutes later, I felt like a totally different person.

And, this was in the most dangerous part of all Mexico, Reynosa, Tamaulipas.

Thanks to all for your stories. And, thanks to all for your service.

mx
    May 2010
    618 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeeRon View Post
    Great post piegrande!

Though I served almost a full four years, '69 - '73, I never got orders to Nam while others around me did. Luck of the draw, who knows?!?

It has bothered me as well and always make it a point to say I am a Viet Nam ERA Vet rather than a Viet Nam Vet.

I expected to go to Viet Nam. My MOS was as firefighter, and they were badly needed over there. But, Gray Air base was back up alternate landing strip for Seattle Tacoma International airport, and that area has a lot of fog at times. At one time, they were short of Crash Rescue men at Gray, and the Ft. Lewis General got his backside chewed out by the FAA or somebody like that. So, he issued an order that his CR men were not to be levied for VN. Those poor lads in Forest took it in the shorts.

We also did not need to wear combat boots with our fatigue uniforms, so we could jump into our rubber boots and asbestos outfits. And, when they drove us to HHC for meals, we got to go go the front of the mess hall line as long as we had on our CR badges, so we could be ready for the next van trip. And, we had 24 on then 24 off, and every two weeks an extra day off, which meant a three day off every two weeks.

The best thing is at that time Gray had never had a plane crash, not even during WWII. So, when I say lounging around, I am serious. McChord, next door, had a lot of bad things happening.
    SeabeeRon likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links