$40.000 Ladies Rolex

stingray

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2008
I was talking to a local guy that takes hotel guest on canoe rides in front of beach resort on maui . He said a lady lost a $40.000 Rolex in the water in front of resort.

He said it was a little over a mounth ago. Will it be to deep in the sand to try and find it.

I have a Excall II what settings should i set it at in hawaii. will use it in honolulu and maui.

Cheers
Stingray

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, if I had a nickel for every Rolex I heard about being lost........

Settings are Sensitivity as far clockwise as you can and still be stable. Volume as high as it will go. Disc. at Zero. Threshold where you can barely hear it. (put tape over the drain holes to block wind noise.)

You need to ask yourself how deep the water was where she "lost it." Wave action can move things around a lot besides covering it up. Forget the dive team, what makes you think they are going to tell you they found it? Why not dive for it yourself with a Hookah system?

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the same guy tell ya there was a treasure chest full of gold + gems also down there? People all the time see me walking to the water with my Excall an stop an tell me about a Rolex Being lost.Well what im saying dont go an spend a bunch of money looking for something that might not of been there from the git go.Good luck....Cotton

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
My wife and i spent a few hours looking where we thought it might be.. at least near shore... got sun,sand, and clad.. but no rolex..lol keep looking .. shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

stingray

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2008
@Mike: The area the rolex was lost is near the four seasons in wailea.Talked to my friend he said no one found it yet. He see's a few guys with metal dectectors in neck deep water sometimes. Maybe they know sometiing about the rolex?

I might try and go wensday if i feel up to it south shore area.

Cheers
Stingray

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
FORTY THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR A WATCH? and I thought 9,000 was a ridiculous amount of money to pay for a watch! It must have lots of diamonds on it. Can't wait to see a picture of that one. Go for it guys!

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 2 rolex`s, one was found after hired for reward other wasn`t. They do not give you clear crisp signal like a gold ring or jewerly, due to the links the signal is broken up like a necklace is, but louder. Almost like a junk signal, if it was in maui >> clear water, snorkel for it you will cover more water faster and that expensive it has to have rocks on it that will reflect alot of light. A PI would do better since it has no disc and hits on any metal, excals or any disc machine don`t hit chains or items that have links on it the best, they see one link of the item and report that. I have found other watches Cartier & Tag Heur that sounded loud and clear like a ring, i think the excal zero`d in on the watch itself instead of the linked band on those 2
If i was in maui i would def spend a day or 2 searching for it..

OP
OP
S

stingray

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2008
Tried to go to polo beach wensday so i could walk over to four seasons resort beach but before i reached polo beach a dump truck had an engine oil leak. The police and firemen had blocked the road off so i turned around and went to ulua beach only got some incrusted clad, bottle caps, and rusty hair pins on my hunt.

When i got home had a message on my cell phone from my friend that does the canoe rides. He said something about a 10 foot tiger could not hear phone that good signal was bad on cell phone.

Called my friend monday he said on wensday he saw a tiger shark that was half the size of his canoe. I think his canoe is a five or six man canoe. So he told me it was over 10 foot.

Today monday he said a lady lost a ring around four season beach area and some people and a guy with a metal detector was looking for the ring.

I might try to go to polo beach this wensday and walk over to four seasons.

Stingray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions