Todays Beach Finds & A Lesson Learned

Stirling N5PIP

Aug 7, 2005
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Todays Beach Finds & A Lesson Learned

I went to my favorite beach today at about 4:30pm. I had wanted to get there much earlier but honey do?s wouldn?t allow it. Low tide had been at abt 3pm. I parked on the beach and started walking towards the water. I saw 2 other hunters? right where I was heading. I was swinging the PI and was abt 30 feet from the water when BANG, got a hit. Scooped out a Star of David medallion (no chain). One of the hunters, a girl, was watching me & came right over to see what I had found. She told me that she had JUST swept (she was using a Fisher CZ3- a good machine in its own right) right where I was!! As she was standing there I swung the Surfmaster PI & BANG, another hit!! This one turned out to be an ID tag. She was dumbfounded!! We said good bye and I walked abt 5 feet further and BANG!!! a silver toe ring. She was still watching. I thought she was going to chunk the Fisher in the water. She shook her head, mumbled something and headed on down the beach. Now all this was within 5 minutes of getting out of my truck and I hadn't even got to the water yet.
OK, now I'm in waist deep water and fighting the waves. A couple of kids come up to me and ask what I'm looking for. I tell them gold, jewelry, and money. As we talk, BANG, I scoop up a .925 silver wedding band. You should have seen their eyes get BIG.? I wade abt 15 feet further on and BANG, a quarter. Now I haven't been at the beach more than 15 minutes!!! This is going to be a good day.
I head back to the truck to get a drink and a couple of minutes rest. That wading will tire you out. As I get out of the water BANG, a silver charm bracelet!! I've been here all of abt 40 minutes.
After a rest, back into the water. Now here is the scary part (and a lesson learned), I'm in chest deep water when a larger than normal wave hits me. I lose my footing & feel the rip current get a hold of me. Before I know it, I'm heading out & the water is over my head!!? Trying to swim with a find pouch around my waist and a detector strapped onto my arm just isn't easy!!! I'll admit that I was a bit concerned (an understatement) but fortunately I made it back in. Next time I'll watch the water depth and wave action a bit more closely!!
Back out of the water for a rest & to calm down. Heading back to the truck, BANG, a quarter & a penny in the wet sand. OK, I'm rested but I think I'll just hit the dry sand around the truck for a few minutes. BANG, 10 feet from my truck I find an 18" gold chain. It's now 6:15, I've only been hunting an hour and 45 minutes but I'm tired and hungry so I decide to call it a (good) day.

?

Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Todays Beach Finds & A Lesson Learned

S,

good day for you, sounds like you had a heck of a day. Any pics?

S

OP
OP
Stirling N5PIP

Stirling N5PIP

Aug 7, 2005
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Re: Todays Beach Finds & A Lesson Learned

Sorry, I messed up the picture attachment. Here it is.

HH,
Stirling, N5PIP

Attachments

• DSCN0354.JPG
    DSCN0354.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 495

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread