MXT -VS Whites PI Pro at Daytona Beach

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas
MXT -VS White's PI Pro at Daytona Beach

OK Sunday to went to Dayonta and met up with Stirling,(N5PIP) with his PI Pro,, I started off with my MXT 1 hour later found a DIME that right just one 1984 dime.. after talking to Sterling he let me use his PI Pro.. MAN !! FIRST Hit was a Silver ID bracelet... then a Penny... then BINGO!! 18" Silver .925 bone link necklace !! VERY NICE....now I am looking for a PI Pro...
it was GREAT to meet you Sterling..

Morris
Ocala,Fl

Attachments

• DCP00715.JPG
    DCP00715.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 338
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: MXT -VS White's PI Pro at Daytona Beach

Just a DIME? Wow Morris! I can't believe that! Even I found more than a dime! ::) Maybe it was just a case of wrong place wrong time with the MXT? Did you cover the same area with the mxt as with the PI? .....wow......sorry..... :'(

Nana ;)

Stirling N5PIP

Aug 7, 2005
Daytona Beach, Fl.

It was a pleasure to meet Morris and his wonderful wife and children when they came to Daytona Beach. We were in the wet sand & Morris didn't appear to be having much luck. As I wanted to be a gracious host, I offered to let him try my PI Pro. The words were no sooner out of my mouth and he was ripping my PI from me!! I had to ask him for my arm back !! Anyway, he did have some better luck with the PI. Both the ID Bracelet & the silver chain were way down deep and we both had to dig (me with only one good arm) to get them. Long story short, he offered me the wife, kids, car and the MXT for my PI. ;D ;D ;D
Just to save the honor of the MXT, I should mention that earlier in the day I used my wife's MXT to find a $100 ladies watch at the same beach :D :D :D (two hunters had gone right over it just prior to my pass. They were a bit surprised (expletives deleted) when I showed them what they had missed.

HH
Stirling, N5PIP
Daytona Beach

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units

On the beach here in Myrtle Beach I use the MXT as well as the White's Beach Hunter ID. I think the bad luck you had with the MXT was just that, wrong place, wrong time. Don't get me wrong, the PI Pro is one of the best machines made for beach/water (just in my opinion, nobody bash me for that). Just don't be ready to throw that MXT away yet. And, if you do, please let me know exactly what trash can it's in before the truck comes to get it.
xXx

OP
OP
morris

morris

Jun 8, 2005
Arlington Texas

I never said the MXT was a bad unit it all and it maybe that I was just not in the same area this stuff I did find was in the water but is at wave line (when a wave comes to very little water on the sand) stirling did find a nickel when he had my MXT I am going to buy a water unit a I have sold my IDX and as soon as i get the money in I have a water unit on the way.
Thanks
Morris
Ocala,FL 8)

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other

The MXT is a really good detector. The thing I noticed from Myrtle to Key West is that it must be tuned, retuned and tuned again for where you are hunting. I find that tuning once then hunting for a while sometimes dissapoints. Be sure to retune (especially ground balance) after the first target or two. For some reason Whites tend to build a memory so, when in a new spot, I like to make the detector learn the ground conditions. It may sound far out but anyone who has had an Eagle II SL will tell you the same applies to the MXT. Good luck & HH! Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread