Whites Dual Field PI vs. Excalibur??? Has anyone used new Whites yet???

makahaman

Sep 22, 2006
Northshore, Hawaiian Islands
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone has used the new Whites Dual Field PI with great success? I live in Hawaii and thinking of getting a Excalibur instead due to all the trash that I have been finding at my beach. There seems to be lots of metal and my old Surfmaster Pi is picking them all up!! If anyone has used the new Whites I would love to hear from you!! Aloha ;D

Upvote 0

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s
Hello Makahaman, the Excal may be a poor choice for Hawaii. I have a mate who has hunted there using one and has had poor results with it, as it is highly affected by the volcanic rock there. The only VLF I've heard to be a good performer there, is the CZ20/21-8. I do not know much about the DF, but smaller coils are preferrable in water hunting, in faster water, current and wave actions, as coil control is an issue. Best of luck with your decision.

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Aloha Makahaman, I have and use a Dual Field and love it. What a depth machine! Yes i find every bit of garbage out there.. but the treasure never escapes me either. Good luck with which ever unit you go with, shaka Mikey :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread