Vibra-Tector 730 for shallow water snorkeling/hunting

Feb 10, 2009
Hi,

I'm thinking of going on vacation, but can't take a large conspicious metal detector with me. I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the beach and snorkeling in shallow water in touristy areas.

I'm wondering if it's worth buying a cheap Vibra-Tector 730, even though only has a 4" coil and a 3" depth?

Does anyone have experience using on a Vibra-Tector 730 and nothing else?

I have a lot of time to kill on the beach.

What do you think? Is it worth hunting using something so small? Will I even pick up anything?

J

Attachments

• vibratector730.jpg
    vibratector730.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 630
Upvote 0

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Save your money!... everything... including hitting the sand will make it vibrate. expect 1-2 inches depth ...max. Yes i have one. If you got money to burn.. go for it. I'm not trying to be rude, it just sucks! Most MD's can be broken down for travel... get a decent one please.

OP
OP
S
Feb 10, 2009
Maui Mike said:
Save your money!... everything... including hitting the sand will make it vibrate. expect 1-2 inches depth ...max. Yes i have one. If you got money to burn.. go for it. I'm not trying to be rude, it just sucks! Most MD's can be broken down for travel... get a decent one please.

Is it that bad? Maybe it's worth spending $400 extra and getting a tiger shark or something.

What beach MD's do you recommend in the $400-$600 range that can be broken down and put into a small suitcase?

J

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
If you can afford to spend $400-$600.. you can buy a fine MD. Almost all can break down for travel. A Tiger Shark maybe good for you. Much depends on where you will use it. At that price range you have several options. Take a bit of time and research ... and compare several models. I'll PM you.

Painter65

Jan 10, 2009
Wilmington,NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150, Minelab Soveriegn Elite, Minelab 305
Im still wondering why you say you cant take a large conspicious detector with you??? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow hadn't seen this thing before. I wouldn't count on it for my main detector but with that said, this wouldn't be a bad option in places where you had to be "stealthy". Maybe a cruise or something or in a swim area where you want to be inconspicious. Better than no detector at all I say!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread