goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went there and got my first gold ring a while ago :)

HH
-GC

Sand Scoop

Oct 7, 2006
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT--Excal II
I've been hunting MB for the last few years and have dug a few nice rings.The last couple of years they've been re nourishing the beach from Garden City to around Apache Pier. That means there isn't much being found and there won't be until it warms up and the tourist return. Its toooo cold for water hunting about 50 degrees and to much sand out there.

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
Just like Sand Scoop, I'm sitting back waiting for the tourists to get here. They have burried everything with their sand renourishment on the beaches from Cherry Grove to Murrells Inlet. I hunt the beach alot, and have a great deal of luck there.
I use one of two machines on the beach. Either the White's MXT (when I'm only hunting the wet sand) or the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II (when I feel like hunting the water). The Garrett is heavier, but it's a PI unit and picks up everything. I was hunting a few weeks ago with a couple buddies and got a pretty strong signal. I dug (scooped it) and it was a small gold chain about 5" deep. My other buddies air tested it on the surface one at a time. The DFX, no signal. Didn't pick it up. Then the Minlab Excal., barely a tone if at all. Not enough one would dig.
I'm hooked on the Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II. I'll just hip mount it so it's not quite so heavy.
xXx
www.treasureexpo.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread