Octopumps Hookah?

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
I didn't pay that much for my JSink hookah. Plus I wouldn't ever trust a float that small unless your on a pond where it is dead flat with no chance of a wave tipping it over. Jusy my thoughts.

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Hmmm. I thought the least expensive JSink Gas Powered Hookah was $2,249. Maybe I didn't look in the right place. All my diving will be on inland lakes/creeks swim areas. What's the difference in float size? They look about the same...

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
;DGood Lord! I'm glad I took the time to check out the link... I was thinking that an Octopump might have something to do with Nadya Suleman and what she might employ to feed those eight babies.... or maybe the high dress shoes she might wear... Either way, thanks for the morning chuckle!
Ruth

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a hell of a good price. Most Brownie 3rd Lungs are triple that price. Definitely saved that site for future use. Still have my old one but I need to rebuild the compressor for $45.00. I used my unit out in the Gulf, of course my tube is a 20 inch truck tube and keeps it stable in most water. Of course, not using with white caps. :thumbsup:

goldchaser

Mar 24, 2009
I got one of these back in January (gc160) and it works great. The tube size is 38 inches and it has his "new style" fittings. Just like a garden hose. It's very stable in choppy water. I've only tested it with a single diver to about 50 feet, seems to easily keep up with my air demand. On the down side, it takes them about a week to ship out, so your looking at about 12 days till delivery. Other than that, the pump works very well.

The Digger

Jan 13, 2009
Buffalo NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax Tiger Shark
Go to that Octopumps link and look at the Kayak setups, much cheaper and easier to use. You use your standard dive tank and just hook up your line and regualtor and your ready to go. In 6 to 10 feet of water you can get 2-3 hrs of air. Total set up cost about $300-350 tank and all. Much cheaper. Just put the tank in a dingy or a couple of pool noodles around it and pull it with you.

Mar 30, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned one of these for many years but my uncle took it to Costa Rica so I'll be ordering another one very soon and they are actually hard to flip over I've taken it in some rough water too I've taken it too its limits and still no problem I think its under rated for what it says its capable of

Last edited:

Jim in MA

Apr 21, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO
I bought the Ultralight with the Honda motor in 2 seasons I did 80+ dives with it NOTHING negative to say about it has performed flawlessly a 2 1/2 hour dive used 1 Quart of gas. It is very light easy to carry and quiet.
HH Jim

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, I like the ultralight Honda.....