Wanted: A lightwieght handscoop with large mouth

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next to your detector, your scoop is the most important tool a water hunter uses...... Just a word to the wise.....If you go for cheap you will only break it in a month or two,

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Treasure_Hunter said:
Next to your detector, your scoop is the most important tool a water hunter uses...... Just a word to the wise.....If you go for cheap you will only break it in a month or two,

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree buy a good scoop and you will not have to worry about getting another one down the road. I have had my beach scoop for many years....Matt

OP
OP
Massbaycolonist

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Thanks, guys! To think that I have put off buying a scoop all these years! (I hate to spend money). I was researching some sand scoops lately. The prices went as high as $165 or more! Preposterous! Now I know why I put off buying a sand scoop. Yes, I will buy a ridiculously expensive I mean high quality scoop. I know aluminum prices are not cheap these days. I imagine a scoop can get a lot of hard labor. Especially on river rocks! So I really need one of those super expensive ones. (Drat!) I guess I will have to bite the bullet on this one. Thanks again, and HH :coffee2:

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
colonist, if you decide to get an aluminum scoop try to get one with a stainless lip it will stand up to rocks better.

steve :-)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kaptainkosmic is correct, if your going to be digging in the river rock you might want to go with a stainless steel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions