mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I have another question. I just bought a used Whites Surfmaster. I did not get a book or owners manual with it. I was wondering if this machine is ok to usein teh surf. I will be heading for Virginia Beach next month. I was hoping it will work in salt water like it dose is fresh water. Can anyone tell me if it is ok to use there. Or should I just use it on the beach.... Thanks Matt

Upvote 0

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Found on Google Search:

Surfmaster II

The Surfmaster II works equally as well on land or in the water... it's your choice for freshwater beach and water hunting.

Discrimination control with 3 presets, All Metal, Low Disc (small gold rings with some discrimination), and High Disc (selects most coins and ignores most junk).

Sensitivity control
Completely waterproof to 100 feet
On box instructions
Quick target to trash recovery picks out treasure mixed in with junk
Low battery alert
3 9V transistor radio batteries for up to 25 hours of hunting

http://66.51.97.78/jb/surfpi.html

Good luck. FlAuthor :thumbsup:

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS
I've owned this machine for 17 or more years , you will not be happy in the saltwater....... the sensitivity will have to be turned way up to even get close to the saltwater. Mine has been great in the dry sand and has paid for two other detectors....

Ranger121

Apr 7, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites Amphibian II
Bounty Hunter
I've had this machine on Maui for the last 4 years. Scrooge nailed it.... no good for salt water. Squeaks and squawks at every movement, but for freshwater or dry land hunting it's my favorite of the 3 I own. Once you get to know it, you'll love it.
Ranger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread