FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is very easy compared to other machines especially ones with a DD coil. You will find as you hunt more with it, becomes very easy, I have noticed that the pinpoint feature seems to work much better on good targets such as coins and rings and very tiny targets such as a part of a zipper catch. Small pieces of slaw etc. does tend to take a little getting use to on the pinpointing, but pay more attention to the good targets and see if it doesn't really narrow in on it.

I like to hunt in AM mode and when I get a target I will switch back to disc. if it nulls out I don't dig it normally its a piece of crab trap. Anything else if I don't receive a red light I dig it. I just hold the coil down. I find that it is not a problem, however compared to the original beachhunter this coil is way better. You could try a sand filled ankle weight and wrap it around the lower shaft. If not hunting in the water just remove it so it's semi light again.

Pay a little more attention to the lights they can be a big help, they are a huge bonus on a machine. It seems any flicker of two colors normally turns out that it is not a good target (not cut in stone). Sometimes pennies will give you a yellow and a flicker of green. Good stuff, silver rings will hit a solid green nothing else as will gold hit solid yellow nothing else, so if there is a flicker of another color pay attention to that and you will see what I mean. Of course the range of pull tabs and gold rings is the sane with any machine.

As time goes on and you learn the machine, you will love it more and more. I am still learning it and I have thousands of hours on it, good luck and I know I will start seeing some ring finds from you guys because that is one thing the beachhunter loves is rings.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread