Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant help you out but it sure looks interesting keep us posted

Fla-Gal

Feb 14, 2008
If you are near Seb Inlet ,you can take it to the McClarty Museum on A1A and the ranger will help identify it.Was there Fri morn with some of my finds and was pleased to learn about my 'treasures'. There is no fee, AND there is a large photo album with many,many beach finds-so double fun to see the photos of lucky treasure hunters and learn more about the fleet. Hope it is silver....

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that lower point is metal (hard to tell from the picture), I would say it's a piece of Space Age metal. I have a cigar box full of it. It's usually cleaner if found around the water mark but I have a few pieces encrusted up like that.

The entire Treasure Coast was the "Down Range" for the early days of Missile testing at the Cape. The metal can be various types and is very light weight. Kinda cool to give to kids to take in for show and tell.

Deepsix

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Deep six is correct. For decades shots went "down range" parallel to the coast. All "staged" along the way. some were destroyed by the range safety officer or by themselves. In the early years someone screwed the XYZ axis trajectories, and one was destroyed over Cocoa Beach. I'm sure the missiles contained some exotic materials. My favorite was "Unobtainium".

Sorroque

Jan 5, 2007
Canaberal de Ayzm
Detector(s) used
GMHCX3
billinstuart said:
Deep six is correct. For decades shots went "down range" parallel to the coast. All "staged" along the way. some were destroyed by the range safety officer or by themselves. In the early years someone screwed the XYZ axis trajectories, and one was destroyed over Cocoa Beach. I'm sure the missiles contained some exotic materials. My favorite was "Unobtainium".
Well that is funny.
If you are referring to the delta 2 that P. H. blew up and blew glass out of window sills and sent sent splitting cracks through everyones roofs back in 1999, that was because it had boost failure and was not going to make it on course. There is a long black strip that runs the entire length of the rocket. It is high explosive . Then push the button and boom!!!
There is an old Aetna Rocket, 1958, that was blown up 90 miles offshore after launch that contains platinum. $2,000,000 worth.
Pieces of Challenger get swept up in Scallop boat nets from time to time.
Who knows what this object is. I hope for the finder it is valuable 1715 treasure find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread