Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: White's coinmaster on a beach

We give you permission to use it. Now have at it.....

LOL It will do fine in the dry sand. The wet sand will make you turn down the sensitivity a bit because even with the newer machines that are not made specifically for beach hunting, you get lots of feedback in wet sand at normal settings and above. I would drop it to about half and try it. If you are getting lots of noise, just keep turning it down until the chatter goes away. The machine will still be somewhat deep.

Good Luck

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

WHITES , good machine ,I have a mxt 300 i use it at the beach , I do well with . Don't get the control box wet though ,,, :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: Guzz

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Depending on which coinmaster you have, the early models were BFO machines and loved chains, something alot of later machines do not see.
So yes i would try it out.

I still have an early coinmaster and it finds chains like nothing else on the dry sand.

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida

I want to make a suggestion, please. Keep the land-based detectors away from salt water. I know everyone claims to have a waterproof coil. But one slip of the hand and it's all over. Plus, the frequency of most land-based detectors is too high to cope with salt wet sand anyway. So use your Coinhunter where the sand is dry and save yourself a world of grief.

Chip V.

russ

Jul 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
fieldmaster fx 55 c scope cs 4pi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
coinmaster on a beach

We are planning several weekend trip to Florida this summer. I only have my White's coinmaster. Can I use it on a beach? ANyone know of any problems with the sand or shallow water?
Thanks

yes my mate uses his normal coinmaster on a beach and has no probs still finds stuff any chatter just turn sens down a bit but hes ok normally on wet sand and dry. giv yours a go.:thumbsup:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Works great on dry sand. With wet sand you will have way too many false positives. Don't bring it off the dry.

Crispin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread