on average, how soon do your finds pay for your detector?

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
So I want to get a minelab excal2, as we all know it's not cheap. I live about 45 mins from the beach.

I know it depends on location and right time, but have you guys found enough to pay for your machine in under a year? I tell my wife it's one of the few hobbys that actually pays for itself, and then some.

I dont expect to make cash on it, but if the finds will pay for a higher end detector then everything else is just icing. I also read people posting about hundreds in coins for the year, I know that's a lot of digging.

BTW.. I convinced a guy at work to buy a detector after talking about the finds everyone here posts. Funny thing is, he has a coin collection.

Upvote 0

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know how long it will take you to pay for your detector. I been detecting for years now and have payed for my detector. You have to get out and use your detector. So far this month I have found 3 gold rings, 3 silver. This week end I have only found $4.34 in change. So it all depends on you. Get the best you can afford. Then hunt.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread