FIRST BEACH HUNT

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Well, after 25 years of relic/old coin hunting, I decided to try my hand at beach hunting for some gold. lol.....I didn't do very well as far as gold, but I'm here to tell ya one thing............

I have been at some beautiful places while detecting. Old basement holes, water falls, caves.......old victorian house...etc. But I just gotta admit, the general scenery today was just hard to beat. I found myself having a hard time watching where I was walking! lol

I found:
5 bobby pins
1 piece of wire
1 old sand bucket handle
4 red-kneck wedding bands
8 pull tabs
1 bottle cap
70 cents in clad
1 Hart shaped "Hannah Montana "disney" heart shaped earring
1 Bellybutton stud with a red glass "stone"
1 Red ladybug with a ring that looks like it hung on a chain.

All junk jewlry, but good practice!

Thanks for looking,
Tim

Attachments

• finds 026A.JPG
    finds 026A.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
You should try hunting were I do. Lots of tourists from Europe, and they like to go topless....

Talk about rubber neckin....

Isn't diggin in sand a whole lot easier than dirt?

HH
Digger

OP
OP
deepbeep

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
F.S.Digger,
Yeah, it is alot easier to dig, but it has other troubles. I hunted the sand area early before people showed up on the beach. After hitting the sand for about 5 hours, the beach got pretty busy, so I went into the water. There are lots of speed boats on the lake, and it got pretty windy, so there was a huge "chop" wave action for a lake. I don't know how you ocean guys do it. I could feel the sand eroding out from under me as I worked the edge. I felt like I was going to be swept out to sea! lol

When I would find a target in the water, it was irritating as hell trying to scoop it in the waves and not loose it...lol But, might get easier with experience. Calm water would definetely be easier.

Tim

OP
OP
deepbeep

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
As I was leaving, a little disapointed with no rings, I stopped at the beach house to use the restroom. There was a hotdog vendor there. He asked how I did, and I said just a couple of earrings. He said there are "two old guys" ( I was just greatful he didn't say two OTHER old guys) that come every evening after the beach empties out.

I was surprised I found as many older style pull tabs as I did when I heard that.

Tim

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok theres your clue ......you got to hit it in the afternoon if thier hittin it at night

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
Yes I like going about 5pm, that is the time people start leaving, their stomachs tell them "it's time to go". On weekends I usually get to the beach about 4:30am, when the people start showing up, I just meander right through the middle of them.

As far as the water, I like doing that early morning too. That time of day the sea is asleep and the waves are little to none. Just got to watch out for those jelly fish, they don't sleep.

HH
Digger

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear you had a good time detectng. Trying to find the target in the water is still hard for me sometime. There is time where it takes me 5 or 6 trys before I get it. Then when you find a small target like a ear ring or hair pin it falls thru the holes of my scoop. I start to learn to keep my foot next to the target area so I can see it I got it picked up before I pull my scoop to the top of the water. I have to hunt early morning as I work 2nd shift. Happy hunting....Matt

lucky d

Oct 2, 2008
fla la land
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur
when hunting in the water its best to wear a weight belt....this way you can stay on target and plant the scoop into the sand .... no weights and i would quit water hunting...i wear 41 lbs of soft weights .....hope this helps......just be careful of deep holes and practice taking the weights off in the water just in case you should run into trouble...hh

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wtg deepbeep. Did you go to one of the reservoirs or a lake? I know you are close to Atwood so was just wondering. HH.

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread