Frequency of finds vs. Slow Economy.....

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Just wanted to pose a question to the folks on here.....Do you find that your finds are fewer this year? In other words are you noticing a lower quantity of common coin and jewelry finds? How about gold finds say compared to the last few years?....It's a big discussion topic amongst us beach/surf hunters here at the Jersey shore....and finally...if you do notice a slow down....do you blame it entirely on the slow economy?....thanks in advance for your input....HH....Brian

Upvote 0

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since this is my first full season of water hunting I really don't have anything to compare too, however I would have to say that there is probably "less" gold lost just do to the fact of all the "We buy gold" places popped up everywhere. Some in a bind for money may have sold off the gold that they might would have lost, and less folks are probably able to afford to go on vacation. But, instead of going to say the beach there may be folks that stay at home on vacation and visit local lakes or swimming holes. So I would say it may still be out there but just redistributed to various places. I have found 10 rings so far this season, 1 10K, 1 14K, 1 classring, 1 .925 3 stainless steel and the rest costume. I guess we will have to wait and see how everyone does over this and probably the next couple of seasons to see the true impact. Just my 2 cents :dontknow: Happy Hunting

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a defenitivo that there is less out there this year then last. A friend of mine who has a pawn shop told me the other day that his usual crowd of beach hunters haven't even been in this year, one told him he hasn't found any gold. I have found only one gold item since getting back to the States in June, last year at this time I had about 10 gold items. I'm not saying there isn't any out there. I've seen other hunters that have found gold and even platinum, but even they say they aren't finding like in previous years.

I know with all the buy gold here places people are cashing in because of economic problems. Let's all hope that the economy picks up and people will get back to buying gold and losing it :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread