lets hunt.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Good luck on the job hunting. It is real bad down here right now unless you have some powerful skills. I wish you lots of luck on that. As for the hunting.... well I wish you lots of luck on that too. CWB is very heavily hunted but there are lots of beaches so here's hoping you find some real good items. I hunt down there occasionally but I am an early morning hunter. I generally will go up and say hi to other hunters but if I don't.... and you see an old lady with a red ball cap and baggy cargo shorts - it's me!

Night Hunter

Jul 30, 2009
Hi Seeker,
I hunt Clearwater Beach around three times a week. I would be happy to meet up with you and introduce myself.
I’m primarily a water hunter.
Send me a PM if you’re interested in setting something up.

Mike

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: lets hunt. update!!!!!

i am now at madera beach!! i will be here untill thursday morning.did not find anything worth mentioning at indian rocks beach yesterday. hunted tonight at madera and did not do great. found some change and some hotwheels. found a real cool rock wich is broke in half, the inside is bright red like a ruby. steped on a manta ray. anyone want to get together let me know. mumsie and mike, thanks for the replys. will post some pics soon.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This years hunting has been kind of bad. There are still things to find, it all depends on if ones coil passes over the good stuff. The only problem with less targets and more hunters than in the past is less goodies to take home.

I went one morning to CWB and it seemed like there were more hunters than bathers. There were 7 hunters in the water including myself and an army of hunters on the dry. Everybody I talked to said that this year has been slow. I left with my 37 cents.

Again I'm not saying that there aren't targets out there, so I'm not trying to discourage you. Last summer with going 2 days a week for 2 hours each time I found 8 gold rings, 2 gold chains, around 15 silver rings, and one large silver bracelet; all in a 3 week period (give or take a few days). This year for the whole summer in Florida (Clearwater) I have to my name: 3 gold rings, no silver, and one digital camera...oh and $25 in change. I found almost $75 last year. Maybe I was just having bad luck this year.

Let's hope that it will get better as the economy improves. There was an article in the newspaper a few months ago that just the first quarter of the year Pinellas county had over 150,000 fewer visitors this year. I imagine that translates to 600,000 for the year.

Good luck with job and treasure hunting, wish you the best.

HH

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one thing i have noticed is very few bathers!!!! have not seen any other detectorists.

forex11

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2009
madeira beach
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I also live in madeira beach. We usually go out about 6.00 in the evening to about 8.00
I can only stay on the sand though. I have an ace 250.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forex11, sorry i did not see your post untill just now >:( i think i seen you today i was in the water and seen someone swinging an ace. i found some junk and a stainless steal bracelet. howed you do?
im headed home tomorrow morning.
chuck.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swapin places with ya today as well. Maderia bch is nice had a friend who grew up there and we would stay right inside Johns Pass. So was it nice enough to make ya stay?

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES!!! i will move down there somewhere but looks like it will have to be in june. found some jobs i was interested in but they were not near clearwater and i ran out of time and money :'(.

OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi kevino, i was layed off in feburary from a company where i worked for 20 years as a electronics technician. i can do just about anything! i was looking for a job as a cable TV installer, satellite TV installer. one job i was very interested in was with the scooter store delivering and demonstrating there scooters to people. it was in boca raton, i think i would love that type of job.
i just felt like i should wait untill june when my 10 and 5 year old boys get out of school so i could build up some money and plan the move better and not have to pull them out of school up here almost as soon as they start(august 19th) to move.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions