Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted this in Tesoro section but wanted the advice of those here to.

well the time is finally here I have my Dirt bike up for sale an when it sells I will have the money for my water machine , no doubt no questions it WILL be a Tesoro , I have read an read an read till my eyes are bleeding on the Tiger Shark and the Sand Shark .

Here's the deal I mainly hunt the Colorado River an will be hitting lakes an other fresh water sources around here but I'd like to be able to hunt in Mexico an California on occasion , which machine is better suited for what I want to do, do I just bite the bullet an get a PI machine or what , guess I have to many questions . which is the better for what I want to do.

What kinda head phones come on these machines ?......are they decent ?...or will I have to look into buying a good set of waterproof headphones to?

I like the Tesrors an will have $500-$600 to spend ,

thanks for the help :icon_thumleft: HH see ya in the water soon Tank :icon_pirat:

Upvote 0

Miningtown

Apr 22, 2009
Argyle, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 DI PRO sl, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tank... I recently got a "new to me" Tiger Shark. I hunt lakes and can see that I may hit the ocean only once in a while. It does have a salt mode for those few time that I may need it. The TS has hardwired headphones and they are comfortable to me. I had them on for at least 5 hrs today and it was not a problem. There is a disc mode or you can hunt in all metal. I prefer using disc but at a very low setting. There are many others who have far more experience than I who will chime in I'm sure. But all in all I'm happy with mine.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank, Miningtown is on the money. Just recieved my "new to me also" Tiger Shark. Headphones very comfortable, cover complete ear (my ears are'nt small LOL). Did the same as you, till my eyes were bleeding. I'll be more in fresh than salt but tiger gives that option. Less competition in fresh!! Some say it's not up to the big boys in salt but, I think that depends on the user and expierence. Just my thoughts. Tesoro is an awesome machine and company ,you can depend on them100%

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Tank 69, I have used my Sand Shark to death in the past three years. It is tough and durable. True story: It even leaked once just for about 30 seconds under salt water... I thought it was dead for sure. I opened it up and poured about a 1/4 cup of salt water out of it. I then ran home and got a blow dryer and quickly dried it out. It turned on again as if nothing happened at all, I was amazed. It took about a year of use till the salt residue finally got to the circuit board and I had to have it replaced. Unfortunately, I've heard that the Tiger Shark is too unstable in the salt and high mineral conditions here in Hawaii. I've not tried it myself but have this info from the Tesoro distributor for Hawaii. Good Luck.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I answered this in the Tesoro section but one thing I forgot to add is about the excellent warranty for life. I've never had any trouble with any Tesoro detector! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks everyone , I will probably be picking up a Tiger Shark well at least that's the way I'm leaning right now , thanks for everyones input I'm a Tesoro fan all the way so the brand was no trouble to me for what I'm looking to spend an having you water guys just feedin me your thoughts hasn't hurt my discion at all , so for now I'm still twiddling my thumbs an buying my time till the day comes but at least now I know its coming soon an I can get out in the water an have some good hunts , I plan on doing allot of testing in our pool before heading out into the field an think I'll be better equipped for that day, thanks again everyone :icon_thumleft:

HH Tank :icon_pirat:

PS. thanks Sandman I read both replies an value your opinion allot thank you very much . :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread