Finally...something good

Smremm

Sep 11, 2009
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I took a quick trip to the beach with my son after dinner this evening. I felt like I hadn't been out in ages and just wanted my feet in the sand again. We spent about an hour before we got chased off by a storm. Low and behold - I finally came home with something other than trash. Got a couple of coins - one of them a wheat penny. Some trash, too but I finally feel like it was worthwhile. I'm still waiting for my first silver or gold, but I feel like it's within reach.

Attachments

• 092909.jpg
    092909.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wtg on the finds, dont worry about the pic we have all made giant posters here before , keep up the huntin the frinds will get better :icon_thumright:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is great to just get out there with your son even if you find nothing. I prefer the larger pics for being easier to see.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your finds. Looks like you have a pretty old place to hunt if you are finding wheats there. Keep at it and the gold will come......Matt

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your on the right track and it looks like you have a good chance finding gold and silver there. I hate to say it but you just got to keep digging it all most of it will be trash. I can't explain it but after a gazillion pulltabs and bottlecaps I finally got gold, and after the first the rest wasn't near as hard.

David from Suffolk

Aug 17, 2005
Suffolk Virginia
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 / Excailbur II /Quattro/ Tesoro Tejón
Congrats Smremm keep it up you will get better as you put more time in it and learn your machine besides hardly nobody is finding much as of late. I went down today and only found one quarter and 3 pennies a spoon and a junk bracelet. Maybe I will see you on the beach again soon again hang in there.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool wheat, congrats.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting