Shes Home

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
EmeraldEyes is home. She is tired but ok. Hubby is doing ok today. Everything is back to normal, whatever that is. Thank you all for your kind wishes and prayers. I talked to the doctor and he said that they can find no reason for her passing out like she does. They have done many tests on her and all come out normal. This has been going on for years now and not one doctor has been able to find a cause. Strange. I really thought with her being admitted and them doing all the tests again that someone would find a reason but I guess that was not to be. The doctor told me that he just thinks that she is one of those rare people whos body just shuts down from time to time. DUH! There has to be a reason! My hubby is doing well today and things look like they are back to normal whatever normal is. So.... what did I do this afternoon.... went hunting of course. I stayed close to home and I don't like hunting during the hot afternoon sun but.... I did it anyway. What did I find? 1 penny, 1 fish hook, 1 jagged piece of soda can and 2 sinkers. Am I happy? You bet I am! All is well and I got out for a while. I'm happy! :wink:

Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great to hear things are back to normal!!!!!!!!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie, I am glad your daughter is back home safe and sound.

Has anyone suggested a sleep study for her? If she doesn't get enought oxygen while she sleeps she can pass out during the day.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Sandman said:
Mumszie, I am glad your daughter is back home safe and sound.

Has anyone suggested a sleep study for her? If she doesn't get enought oxygen while she sleeps she can pass out during the day.

No but she is on Medicaid and I don't think she gets the best of care so we do the best we can. Every time she sees a doctor (primary care) she sees him/her once and then they do not accept Medicaid anymore and she gets changed to a new doctor and it starts all over again.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumzie, am glad shes home but I sure wish someone would give ya a reason on whats causing this.. I am glad ya got out..we were all worried and hoping for the best for you and emeraldeyes..

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
I an Happy for you that your daugher is ok. But I would go and find an other Dr. it is not right to Just passout . un less you have to manny Beers. Coin Finder.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great News! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

I am not a doctor (contrary to my screen name) but I do have opinions. My wife had incidents where she fainted or felt weak and all the occurrences related to heat. Make sure you both keep cool and well hydrated.

HH Joe

PS: Emeraldeyes's not gonna quit detecting is she?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Well Mumszie I'm glad it is back to "normal". I'm still hoping to see you this weekend. I hear the water is still 85 degrees!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
cntrydncr1 said:
Well Mumszie I'm glad it is back to "normal". I'm still hoping to see you this weekend. I hear the water is still 85 degrees!

I really am sorry but I am not going to make it this weekend. Things are pretty much back to normal but.... I just don't want to take a chance on getting too far from home. I'll be thinking about all of you and waiting impatiently to see your finds. Good luck!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
DrJoePrime said:
HH Joe

PS: Emeraldeyes's not gonna quit detecting is she?

Pretty much. She will still go with me when I go near home but not when I go to the big beaches where I get in the water. I can't keep an eye on her while I'm in the water and she is wondering around up on dry sand. She has decided to take the doctors advice and stay out of the heat.

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Mumzie,,,
Let Emeraldeyes know that I am praying for her and for you too. You don't know me, I am new on the boards, but have been following them for a month or so. I feel like I know all of you already and I just dont' want anything to happen to any of my new found friends. I know that whole sitiuation was very scarry for both of you. I am glad that things are "back to normal", or whatever that is.
MzKity62

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
some folks get heat stressed easily mumzie -- if one gets heat stressed badly --it can make one fall out (pass out) easily -- you just swoon --ker plop-- seen it many times while working in the tropics during the summer on poorly ac'ed old rust bucket ships--in hot sweltering 110-120 degree all day long galleys -- I always warned my guys to drink a lot of fuilds and if they felt too hot to take a rest break go to their rooms for a short cool down break if needed -- heck I fell out a few times myself even -- no fun. -- once they had to take me to the hospital --we were in port thankfully .-- I used to drink alot of gatoraid --because when one sweats alot --the body loses lots of trace minerals that it needs to say in balance "electrically" speaking -- their called electrolites-- if they get out whack badly the body --"short circuits" so to speak -- extreme heat stroke due to this can kill you -- so one must take care. --its a serious matter.

and remember doctors "practice" medicene--- they make a best guess based upon the info you give em and their testing results -- many are not good at "original" thinking ---they just read the reported complaint & test results and try to see what "fits" the symptoms , and its not the most likely thing the down the % list they go till hopefully they get it --if not "its a mystery" is said ----only the very best often are "real thinkers" --with medicad medical coverage it likely you will never see "those" guys ==just those on the lower end of the medical food chain. --so you got to think for yourself alot and "ping" ideals off em in self defense.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Basically she needs to see a Neurologist, and for detailed tests they would need about 3 days ina hospital if she keeps having these black outs and they can´t find a reason in 24 hours.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yessssssssss! :thumbsup: Glad to hear that she's back home and doing well. There's nothing like being home to get you feeling better quicker.

Smremm

Sep 11, 2009
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hi Mumszie,

Here is another"for what it's worth" comment. I knew a lady once who would pass out when she got overheated because for some reason her body didn't produce sweat. As I recall, she did have to modify her behavior some but also took medicine to help. It would be a shame if Emerald Eyes had to give up something she loved if there is help out there. Also, don't let these docs push you around - Medicare is insurance just like any other and she deserves good treatment. If you have to get a little demanding to get good help then that's what you have to do. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, know what I mean? I am glad she's home and better. Good luck!

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Mumszie:

Glad to hear she is back home. I have no idea why they cant find a reason for her problem. I have had an ear infection and stumble along the beach with my metal detector. ( I get a lot of looks that way ) It doesn't happen all the time but when that vertigo hits, its quite a chore to walk the line. I hope everything works out. I could never stop mding if some doctor that doesn't know whats wrong with me, tells me not to do it any more.
And its always nice and comforting to see that you basically find the same as the rest of us. (and you post it).

Take care & HH
Dale

Emeraldeyes

Tenderfoot
Jun 2, 2009
:hello2: To everyone, Thanks for all your thoughts.I have no intesion to quit medel detecting just take en an easy for a while.
Emeraldeyes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions