Gold or Bust!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
This morning I decided I was going to find gold or bust! At first I thought I had busted until I got home and started looking more carefully at what I had found. I DIDN'T BUST! I DID FIND GOLD! Yippee!

The morning was just beautiful out. I haven't been out for a few days and I was really hoping for a good day. At first I wasn't getting anything but bottle caps, pull tabs and the usual junk. How depressing! Then I hit a junk hoop earring. OK still not good but at least it was something.

Earring100609.jpg

That boosted me up a little so I kept going. Then I got a nice hit and I thought it was a cheap ring at first but when I could see it more clearly I realized that it is one of those ear gauges that the young guys are stretching out their ears to wear. YUK! I've never seen one with "stones" in it before.

Eargauge100609.jpg

I found a few more of those split sinkers. RATS! Then I got an "ify" hit. It didn't sound like anything good but was better than a piece of tinfoil so I dug it. It turned out to be a delicate chain. Now I NEVER find this kind of chain. Well, I NEVER have before but I can't say that anymore. I did find this one. I glanced at it and put it in my pocket thinking it was just a little cheap one. But when I got home and started looking more carefully at my finds I found that this delicate little chain says...... AUItaly on one side and 10 kt on the other.

ALLLLLLL RIGHTTTTTT! GOLD! I didn't go bust! I found gold!

Bracelet1006092.jpg

Not five minutes later I got another hit and this one turned out to be another bracelet. I thought is was one of those hair ties. I find a lot of those but nope. This one is braided leather with a silver clasp on each end. COOL!

Bracelet1006091.jpg

So I didn't find any fantastic rings today but still didn't do too bad at all.

MoneynJunk100609.jpg

I'm a happy MD'er today and can't wait to get out tomorrow morning. I hope you all had a day as good or better!

:wink:

Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats... way to go. I am still waiting on my first gold... Since July I have found 14 rings many earings, charms, 2 chains... some silver some junk but no gold... :dontknow:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go mumszie!!!!

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Lady,

You are doing wonderful! If you are pulling out small (tiny) bracelets like that, I know that you will not be missing GOLD items when they pass below your coil. Keep going just like the energizer bunny :hello:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your "stick to it" attitude Mumszie!!! :notworthy:
Congrats on the gold....it's been a while, but
you finally won. Good hunting tomorrow.
Gold Nuggets :hello: