salt water!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
buy a real cheap used cz20 like i did!!!!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great suggestions on using a true beach detector for hunting wet saltwater sand. I favor the Excal and Sov GT for its depth and lack of wasting time digging those deep bobby pins and barrettes, etc when you could be swinging for the gold.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a prisim iv and your right it doesn't like the wet sand but I can still turn down the sens. and it will work, in the wet sand only but if the water laps on the coil then it becomes eratic again. Best thing if you are serious about beach hunting get a water detector, even if you don't plan to water hunt its still best to have one, because I promise you will get wet, and on the bright side you can always hunt in the rain with a water detector.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if u are not going to go very deep

follow the advice of Cotton and Sandman

get the GT.......... :notworthy:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the others said, if your going to hunt wet salt water beach sand, get a Sovereign GT add a WOT coil to it and you got a beach vaccum if your not going in the water deeper then you mid calves you can't beat the Sov, and get an Excal if you want to hunt in the surf.

I just received the Excal I bought from Skully off of TD today, now I have to make my own straight shaft for it, then add the WOT coil and it will be ready. I now have 2 Excals and the waterproofed Sovereign GT with WOT coil for my water hunting. I intend to put WOT coils on both Excals.

With 3 water machines Murphy's law not going to bite in the butt again.....

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
I use a Whites Surf Master PI Pro Deep Diver for in salt water, and a Fisher 1280 X for in fresh water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread