Honeymoon Island

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Went out to Honeymoon Island Saturday morning, I had a kitchen pass from the wife for the entire day yeaaaaa for me. Well the cold front was pushing through and the winds were up, the temperature was down into the 60's. So I figured there would be some waves, hey I'm a big guy no problem, the waters warm hey it's the gulf. WRONG :o The waves were rolling in as I start out into the surf. waist deep and getting pummeled by waves over my head grrrrrr not good. The current was strong with the current pulling strong parallel to the beach. Wow are those valleys, ruts everywhere and peaks on the surf floor oh yes. Every step I took you could feel the sand being ripped out from under my feet. My monster scoop was weather veining in the surf almost getting pulled from my hand. There was no way I was going to chance going out any futher than waist deep, because of the strong current. Finally I couldn't take it anymore after fighting the current, waves, wind time to surrender after 1 1/2 hours. My total for the day 31 cents.
Oh well hopefully there will be another kitchen pass in the near future.

Upvote 0

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That might be one to keep for a nice calm day and a really negative low tide.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did better then I did today. I went down to Indianapolis, IN today about 2 1/2 hours away. Someone lost a wedding ring in a pond. They was fishing and when she threw her line out her ring came off her finger. I hunted for 2 1/2 hours and found nothing but cans and pieces of aluminum. I told him I would keep his number and get back ahold of him next year when the water warms up.....Matt

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
mlayers said:
You did better then I did today. I went down to Indianapolis, IN today about 2 1/2 hours away. Someone lost a wedding ring in a pond. They was fishing and when she threw her line out her ring came off her finger. I hunted for 2 1/2 hours and found nothing but cans and pieces of aluminum. I told him I would keep his number and get back ahold of him next year when the water warms up.....Matt

well in a pond at least its contained...no worries about waves and tides :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread