Lost ring hunt

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't planning on doing much today, maybe a couple little things around the house. My wife's cell phone starting ringing around 7 a.m. and by the ringtone, I could tell it was her boss. Today being my wife's day off, I just assumed she was getting called in to work. My wife checks her voicemail and starts writing
LOST RING
PLAYGROUND
PINE ISLAND
RADIO SHOW HOST IN PAPER
I did a little searching and found this http://www2.hernandotoday.com/content/2009/oct/29/ha-radio-celebrity-needs-help-finding-ring/

I figured it couldn't hurt to take a look around.

I searched the playground area, found a couple coins, pulltabs and some bits of foil. I had a park worker tell me I could dig in the sand in the playground and the volleyball court but not in the grass. I finished searching the sand and put my scoop in the car and just started scanning the grass. My thought was that if it was lost very recently, it possibly would be visible just under the grass with no digging necessary. No such luck.

I searched the dry sand of the beach area and found a quarter and some beaver tails.

I stopped and talked to another THer with an excal named Greg. I told him about the ring. He went and gave a looksee but no luck either.

I stopped at another beach park on the way home. Not much there.

Beach park #1
003.JPG

Beach park #2
004.JPG

Upvote 0
chances are pretty good, someone found it shortly after he lost it, and now it's gone.
there are a lot of people down there who have MD's

Sniffer said:
chances are pretty good, someone found it shortly after he lost it, and now it's gone.
there are a lot of people down there who have MD's
snooksion2 said:
i would say "gone"
LOL Yes I figured as much going in. There are a few Tnet members that hunt that particular beach, so maybe one of them snagged it.

"Vitty didn't realize he had lost his ring until after he had left the beach and was visiting his in-laws in Lake County. He was scheduled to fly back to London in a few hours and he had no time to return to Pine Island."

i seen a seperate article where he stated that he thinks he lost it in the sand(beach). in this article he says by a palm tree. the quote above is what i would go by if i were down there looking for it.
it could be anywhere!!! hope someome finds it it gets it back to him!

My hunting grounds too.... but I agree with everyone else. I am betting that it has already been found. I would be great to find it but..... I'll give it a try this morning. :wink:

Well I went out this morning and looked for the ring. I took the picture from the news story to try to match up approximately where he was. The news said he thought he lost it by a tree. I went around all of the palm trees out there but didn't find it. The attendants out there said he was at the playground. I hunted that too. Nothing. We don't know WHERE he was at when he lost it.... in the dry sand... or could he have lost it in the water and only noticed it when he was back in the sand? I know of two other hunters that hunted for it yesterday. Neither found it. So either it has already been found - or not. Who knows? It is difficult to find a small ring in an area as big as that even though by most beaches that one is a small one. If I knew what area to concentrate on ..... Still the chances are that it could have already been found. Most guys and gals that I know will gladly return a piece of jewelry that they find if the owner can describe it and where they lost it but there are some............. Oh well I will of course always look for it when I go out there but I agree with everyone else ....... it's gone. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back