Anyone here using the Sand Shark with 3"X18" Clean Sweep Coil?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone here using the Sand Shark with 3"X18" Clean Sweep Coil?

I have used the Tiger Shark with the fantastic Clean Sweep Coil and wonder if anyone uses the Sand Shark with this coil. I found the coil to be a coin and ring magnet with the Tiger Shark. To bad it isn't made for the Tiger anymore, but is for other Tesoro's.

Newbies get afraid when seeing a large coil thinking it would be hard to pinpoint. However it couldn't be easier as it pinpoints off the tip or heel or the coil.

Attachments

• COIL-3x18W-SW-LITE-2.gif
    COIL-3x18W-SW-LITE-2.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 743
Upvote 0

Chewbaby

Dec 22, 2008
Sebastian, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Re: Anyone here using the Sand Shark with 3"X18" Clean Sweep Coil?

Sandman, what do you think about the adaptor cord for the tiger shark? It's not waterproof but uses the Umax coils. I was thinking of getting one for this very reason (using the cleansweep) on dry and wet sand here in Florida.

Any input is appreciated
-Matthew

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030

I have a sandshark and have thought about getting this coil. I ended up getting an excal instead.....

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II

looks like a clothespin..

coil3x18wswlite2.jpg

ToniSteve

May 23, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
2 Tesoro Tiger Sharks, Sovereign GT, Excaliber 1000, XL Pro, IDX Pro with Mods, M-6, Minelab MusketeerAdvantage,

Hi Sandman,
Is the umax Clean Sweep coil the same coil other then the connector, or is it different? I see you have a photo here so disregards my request on the TN Tesoro forum here.

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Steve

Sandman said:
I have used the Tiger Shark with the fantastic Clean Sweep Coil and wonder if anyone uses the Sand Shark with this coil. I found the coil to be a coin and ring magnet with the Tiger Shark. To bad it isn't made for the Tiger anymore, but is for other Tesoro's.

Newbies get afraid when seeing a large coil thinking it would be hard to pinpoint. However it couldn't be easier as it pinpoints off the tip or heel or the coil.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chewbaby said:
Sandman, what do you think about the adaptor cord for the tiger shark? It's not waterproof but uses the Umax coils. I was thinking of getting one for this very reason (using the cleansweep) on dry and wet sand here in Florida.

Any input is appreciated
-Matthew

I've wondered about this. Umax's operate at 10.x kHz and the Tiger Shark at 12.5 kHz. How well can the coils work?

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't trust adapter cables for two reasons.

1. The cable can leak and just because the plugs work on one end doesn't mean they connect on the other end. Did I make that clear? :icon_scratch:

2. The Clean Sweep Coil adapters allow you to use the CSC, but the pins are different. If they were the same you could use the coil on the Tiger Shark and Tesoro would advertise that fact. Coils are supposed to be calibrated for each detector and that is one reason the Tiger Shark has an extra pin in the plug. But I could also be wrong in wondering why Tesoro won't offer this simple thing if we could use the Umax coils on a Tiger.

Another thought then, why not use the Sand Shark CSC on the Tiger with an adapter plug? :icon_scratch:

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away

Hey Sandman,
I love the clean sweep coil I use on my Umax so naturally when I saw it advertized for the Sand Shark I bought one. I was disappointed when I got it because it flat out did not work. I could not stabalize the detector at all. The weird thing is that it responded exactly as the one on my Umax when it got anywhere near wet sand or saltwater, sounding off indiscriminately and going off like crazy. It stabalized a little better in "vco" but in "normal" forget it. As you know the Sand Shark does not have any sensitivity control so you can't adjust that at all. I returned it to Tesoro and explained the situation. They said they would check into it.

Chewbaby

Dec 22, 2008
Sebastian, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000

On the same post under the Tesoro section Casey, from Tesoro says we can purchase a waterproof adaptor cord for the Tiger Shark that uses all Umax coils. It's just not listed on there web site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread