Silver no...

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Today was a little on the cool side for me this morning but I went out anyway. By the time I got done hunting my bones were shivering and I was shaking - I was so cold. But I did manage to find a couple things today.

MoneynJunk110309.jpg

I thought I had really found a thin penny the other day but I was wrong! I found one this morning that is so bad I couldn't believe it was actually a penny! You have to look very close and you can make out Abe's head on the front and the building on the back. WOW! It wouldn't take much to have it just crumple in my hand.

Pennythin110309.jpg

I got the usual junk and was really getting discouraged. And then ..... I got a nice hit. When I pulled it out of my scoop I saw it was a heart pendant. I figured it was just a junk pendant and put it in my pocket. Then I pulled it out again and thought no.... this has got to be silver. I could see the mark on the back but couldn't read it. I don't wear my glasses in the water.

When I got back to the car I pulled out my little magnifier and VOILA' It says 10k SUN

pendantback110309.jpg

So I am figuring it must be 10 k white gold but I don't know what the SUN stands for. Anyone know? Well no matter it is pretty and finally I found something to post other than junk! I'll take it. :wink:

Pendantfront110309.jpg

Upvote 0

MoTwister

Apr 27, 2007
Joplin, MO
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Turbo, Fisher 1280-X, Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I was detecting down in Florida a few years ago I kept finding what looked like penny's encased in sand and when I broke them open there was nothing inside. Now I know why, I guess zinc breaks down in salt water.

Florida Sand Digger

Jun 16, 2009
Boca Raton, Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX w/Bigfoot coil, BHID, SMPI
:icon_thumright: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: *GRATS*GRATS*GRATS* :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :icon_thumleft:

Boy do I know about them dry spells. When you finally find something good, it realy makes your day.

The "SUN" is probably a makers mark, or, it means that it is 10K only on Sundays.

Grats again

HH
Digger

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not a ring Mumszie, but it is gold
and you were due to find some. :headbang:
Congratulations Gold Nuggets :hello:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Mumszie.

I imagine the SUN is the makers mark or brand like FSD said.

I found a quarter a few years ago at the pier in Tarpon that was half the thickness as a sheet of paper. It was really strange how you could see the image of both sides (faintly). I've got it in my box of finds.

I have several copper pennies that are also just as thin. Of course I have newer zinc ones that are just a piece of the original.

That water sure was cold last week.

By the way, I went diving down the Rainbow River. I don't think it would be a good place for metal detecting. I did see one pull tab on the top. I know that a pull tab is a good sign :laughing9:

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
That's a nice charm! Glad you found some gold, great feeling ain't it.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that should work as a gold fix..I could use one, I finally plan to get back out to the beach after a month.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions