gold at 1,084.00 would you sell or hold

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what did you buy at -- if a decent profit margin can be had by selling at say $1100 why not-- taking profits never hurts you --- folks who try to milk it all out of a market often get burned , greed kills investors --get in / make and take some good profiet margin and then get out before the "drop" takes hold --thats the name of the game.

D

digum smacks

my 2 cents "it doesnt matter"unless you have been saving your gold since 1980,and you sure aint got the Atocha.i have 2oz saved up! if and when i get the itch or need it i will send it in.every 2 months i try to turn in 2oz. .gold has been on the rise,but unless you got a ton or an investor "what does it matter"?

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
If you can sell it for $1084.00, that means someone else thinks it a good buy at that price.

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
ocjeff said:
hi, what do you think?

India purchased 200 metric tons of gold yesterday, half of the International Monetary's Fund's supply. China is expected to purchased the remaining 200 metric tons in the coming days.

If these countries are willing to make such large purchases of Gold at the highest price on record, they must think the price is going higher.

Or maybe they just like having a few gold bars in their treasuries.

Gold was up $30 an ounce yesterday, and already up $5.00 an ounce today. Could hit $1,100 an ounce this week (or today).

Personally, I'd keep the gold unless I needed immediate cash.

Bill

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
I would sell it. Sold most of the beach gold i had at $1029 though so what do I know.
Bought me two new detectors to go find some more.

Jason

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Holding onto the Gold......

Jeff how is the detecting in OC........? I Was there about a month ago, just clad..Did find Half of a silver ring...Hope you guys are holding up...like the tat...Joe/Obn

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
The Dollar is taking a crap.

I would hold it if I had it.

Gold Never goes up or down in value.

The Dollar is Dumping.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill is right. :icon_thumleft: I'd sell only if I really needed the money or thought I was gonna croak tomorrow. Gold will always go up in the long run.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you need to, sell some and keep some. I personally think that with the Fed committed to low rates for at least 6 months and the dollar continuing to weaken, gold has a good chance of going higher. If you see employment coming back that will be the signal for a rate increase and a corresponding drop in gold prices. Anyway the best thing to do is get out there and find more. More is better.

Tek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread