Gravedigger Max, Scoop Question.

Parkerized

Oct 11, 2006
Coastal North Cackylacki
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000/ Nautilus DMC IIB/CZ-6a/ Tejon
Max,
Between the Sunspot and SnS (Prost0ck) scoops you tested,which Brand and size would you prefer for mostly wet sand and some water? Which is lightest and by how much? Any other insights?
Thanks in advance,
Next time you plan on heading down to the Outer Banks, drop me a line.

Upvote 0

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i went with the smaller of the two with the small square holes

works great in the water and damp zone and it was lighter

the bigger model was just toooo heavy for damp and shallow, but god did it ever work good in the waist to chest deep zone.

eliminated the floating sifter for me.......when we worked on the bay, but i will say some of my upcoming roadtrips will require a floating sifter and this scoop.

chucks scoop is a great scoop also, but i found it to be a might heavy, but has a great foot pad assembly.

i think don dodson with northgeorgia relics is or will be carrying the SnS scoops also.

max

Attachments

• TUFF4.jpg
    TUFF4.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 500
  • SNS SM. WEIGHT.jpg
    SNS SM. WEIGHT.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 537
  • TUFF4.jpg
    TUFF4.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 498
  • TUFFCOMBO.jpg
    TUFFCOMBO.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 467

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Max, that is a good set of pictures to compare the two scoops and sizes. I am thinking the smaller scoop would do fine for me also for the areas I hunt. If I was scooping shells again I would like the larger one. Like everything else, there is no best one for everyone for all areas. :thumbsup:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Max, thats not bad for weight, my Beach Brute II weighs about 5.7 pounds itself when you add the Pro Handle to help lift it. (I highly recommend the Pro Handle by the way)

I will admit I like yours, I like the biggest scoop I can have when im in the water waist to chest deep as well, recover that target as quick as possible before the next breaker rolls in. :icon_thumright:

beachbrute-1.jpg

Prohandlemultiplepositions.gif

ToniSteve

May 23, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
2 Tesoro Tiger Sharks, Sovereign GT, Excaliber 1000, XL Pro, IDX Pro with Mods, M-6, Minelab MusketeerAdvantage,
Max,
The smaller one is my favorite too, for most but not all situations. I am out here doing lakes and rivers on Washington. I just got another new scoop from a new maker this past week. It is great in the rocks! 5.5 inches wide, 5 inches tall and 8 inches long! It is the best in the rocks!

Kind regards,
Steve

gravediggermax-vabeachva said:
i went with the smaller of the two with the small square holes

works great in the water and damp zone and it was lighter

the bigger model was just toooo heavy for damp and shallow, but god did it ever work good in the waist to chest deep zone.

eliminated the floating sifter for me.......when we worked on the bay, but i will say some of my upcoming roadtrips will require a floating sifter and this scoop.

chucks scoop is a great scoop also, but i found it to be a might heavy, but has a great foot pad assembly.

i think don dodson with northgeorgia relics is or will be carrying the SnS scoops also.

max

richrider99

Mar 11, 2007
Puyallup,Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett GTA-1000, Garrett GTX1250, Garrett Master hunter 6, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett AT-Gold,Fisher CZ-5, Fisher CZ-6A, Fisher CZ-70, Fisher CZ-20, Fisher F75, Minelab Quattro, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey grave digger I will be in Virgina Beach for a week Sept 22-30. We will be staying at the Ocean beach Club! I will be bring my CTX3030 or my Fisher CZ-70 Pro! Been watching your video's hope you left some good finds for that week! I am from Seattle area look forward to hook up with you & your friends!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the bigger one and here in Fl you just cant beat if if you are after the smalls. Takes a bit of picking thru the shells sometimes..... but gold stands out. Its a bit to drag on the beach, but in the water you just dont notice it any more than i did my RTG aluminum which i smaller. I think a lot has to do with the handle you put in them..... the heavier it is the more sand you drag on the wet/dry when you grid. Max...... Ron Deghetto has a version of the Pro with the handle on the top which gives you a great foot step.

Dew

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread