Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Will Tropical Storm Ida affect the Treasure Coast? http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricanes/story/1320109.html http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/hurricanes/story/1320109.html

A weakened Tropical Depression Ida emerged Friday into hot Caribbean waters and was expected to quickly regain strength as it moves north toward the United States and, possibly, landfall somewhere along Florida's Gulf Coast.

Upvote 0

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt it will be much of an event. It might make things a bit choppy, but don't expect any seriously large wave action out of it.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
The only way is if it cuts across the peninsula and re-intensifies off the east coast. Seeing that none of the projected models indicate such a tract, I would guess that there will be minimal effect at all.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
By Friday evening, Ida had crossed over Honduras as a tropical depression and moved back into the Caribbean heading north toward the Gulf of Mexico. Forecasters said it could strengthen into a tropical storm overnight or Saturday morning.

The still tentative forecast track showed Ida grazing the Cancun region of Mexico as a tropical storm Monday morning, then taking aim at the U.S. Gulf Coast. The hurricane center also warned the Cayman Islands to keep an eye on Ida.

cage228

Jan 3, 2009
In my opinion only. At this point if nothing else it could still eventually slip off the east coast down south as a strong low pressure. Possibly create one heck of a Nor/Easter for the northeast if it then comes up the coast. Here Kitty-Kitty.lol. We shall see?? Good thread here for all to keep track of it. G-w/e All!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Over the next several days, waves of 6 to 10 feet are expected along Florida's eastern coast. East facing beaches in Texas will see surf of 5 to 9 feet. The western Florida Panhandle may eventually see the highest waves of 10 to 15 feet in about 3 to 5 days. Report as of Nov. 7, 2009 10:37 am ET

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
cage228 said:
In my opinion only. At this point if nothing else it could still eventually slip off the east coast down south as a strong low pressure. Possibly create one heck of a Nor/Easter for the northeast if it then comes up the coast. Here Kitty-Kitty.lol. We shall see?? Good thread here for all to keep track of it. G-w/e All!
Thats a possibility but Im thinking if it continues in a NE path, winds from the West may create a very LOW tide. This may be beneficial for MDers for a few hours only. Any thoughts?

According to Magicseaweed, it looks like a NEster coming later in the week. http://magicseaweed.com/msw-surf-charts2.php?region=20&res=&type=wind

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
hope some but not all of this comes my way.LOL!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
An article dated Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 7:19 a.m. said that the U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami said Ida's winds had picked up to 75 mph (120 kph), making it a Category 1 storm. Forecasters predict Ida will enter the Gulf of Mexico, eventually weaken again to tropical storm strength and possibly brush the U.S. Gulf Coast next week.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
33 foot waves were reported in the gulf from ida.The places to detect would be where it made landfall.We now have a storm in the atlantic produceing gale winds,some erosion may happen along the treasure coast and north.Dont expect to find any spanish treasure until 15-20 feet of the dredged sand is removed.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will hit the beach today. Our beach here took a pounding, but I doubt enough to make a huge difference. We've only had a couple years since they replenished the beach. This weekend will be better hunting. Surf forecast is for .5 foot waves and hopefully a minus tide.

cage228

Jan 3, 2009
This thing is not forcast to move much in the next 48hrs according to intellacast. Blowing 40+ knots along Va. coast right now. Will be interesting to here the T/h'er beach reports in the up coming days from NC thru Jersey.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I decide with opening day General Gun season this weekend, Ive decided to go deer/hog hunting. I have a Friday, Sat. & Sun. permit. Good luck on the Treasure Coast or Gulf or East coast beaches. :icon_thumright: :hello:

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
had the biggest waves I've seen in awhile,till the last boat went by :D all in all it did cut about 6'' from my favorite mangrove "beach" site :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread