VLF V PI

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
There are lots of variables.
The rule of thumb is that Pi's for depth and VLF's for discrimination, but that's not always the case. My Excalibur 2 does quite well regarding depth in wet sand sometimes (only in amm), I have found smallish items supprisingly deep.

The big question for me is, which is deeper underwater, and not on wet sand/dry sand. I also have an Infinium and have used minelab pi's.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been answered a few times before. If you were a Charter Member you could do a search to find what ever you need.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman, the search feature has been opened to all members now.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reviewed the Excalibur and the Whites Duel Field a few post down.

Tim

SFLOcenEng

Apr 19, 2008
Rio Seco
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Sandman said:
This has been answered a few times before. If you were a Charter Member you could do a search to find what ever you need.

Not to be a spoil sport but I think technology should be shared so FYI you can do a search of the whole Treasure Net site using "Google Site Search."

http://www.google.com/sitesearch/

Enjoy

EDIT

This will allow you to search the whole site at one time not just the particular forum section you are in.

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFLOcenEng said:
Sandman said:

Not to be a spoil sport but I think technology should be shared so FYI you can do a search of the whole Treasure Net site using "Google Site Search."

http://www.google.com/sitesearch/

Enjoy got 2 love it big time thanks

EDIT

This will allow you to search the whole site at one time not just the particular forum section you are in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread