Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Video !

I Was wondering How atlantic City was Holding Up.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Brian, last time I REALLY hunted the beaches was when we had that storm stuck off the coast I believe over Halloween in the 90s and silver from the 20's-40's was everywhere, so perhaps you might see a "woods" hunter out of his element on the ACY/Ventnor beaches once this thing calms down. (Perhaps Sunday)

Don

pjroo33

Oct 28, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm seriously considering taking a trip down there this weekend unless I can come up with something around here.

Ed66

Tenderfoot
Aug 5, 2005
Looks great... Im going in the am tomorrow but I dont know what beach I was thinking of AC,Asbury or Point. I think they are all gonna give up some goodies. ED

woj

Jun 29, 2005
En Jay
Detector(s) used
DFX
I remeber the winter 97-98 season in AC....hell you didn't even need a detector...just run back and forth as the waves receeded and pick up the silver....good times down there....

Lots of good stuff should be coming for all on the NJ coast...

Dirt Junkie

Jan 31, 2009
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Thinking about going myself. Low tide at 11:25 AM on Saturday. However, the latest weather shows some periods of rain throughout the day and the surf is still supposed to be fairly wild. Like I said, I'm still thinking about going, but it about a three hour drive.

--Dirt Junkie

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SYKO said:
Like the music, feels like an invasion force is about to storm the beach.. :angry5:

I work for an airline and want to fly to Norfolk, and rent a car and go to Virginia Beach.
I want to get a room and hit the beach hard for 2-3 days...
Flying is free, but the rentel car shows $50 a day with hotel at about $35 plus food and fun...

Is it worth the trip ?

Dirt Junkie

Jan 31, 2009
Harrisburg, PA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Still trying to decide whether to head-out myself to the Jersey Shore. I understand there is still flooding expected during this last high tide cycle this morning in the OC Maryland area. I also understand tha Virgina Beach got pounded though the storm has passed.

My guess is those Virgina hunters are out there right now.

--Dirt

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was down at the Jersey shore Saturday. Searched Sea girt, Point pleasant, and Seaside park. Didn't see any cuts on the beach but there was a lot of sand on the boardwalks and nearby streets. Some of the roads were still flooded, especially near Ortley beach and Manasquan inlet. Only came up with a small gold religious metal and some green pocket change, nothing older. A beachcomber told me the boardwalk on seaside heights was damaged as well and there were boards lying on the beach. He said there was about 40 guys searching there Saturday morning. One guy at Point pleasant was working a tight pattern parallel to the waterline, i didn't find much there.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TORRERO said:
SYKO said:
Like the music, feels like an invasion force is about to storm the beach.. :angry5:

I work for an airline and want to fly to Norfolk, and rent a car and go to Virginia Beach.
I want to get a room and hit the beach hard for 2-3 days...
Flying is free, but the rentel car shows $50 a day with hotel at about $35 plus food and fun...

Is it worth the trip ?

The answer is a ..... resounding .... NO !!!
I spent 3 days of driving and hunting along the Carolina / Virginia Coast and came away with a sore
back and about $4 in pocket change.... a lot of beach damage but I think by monday or Tuesday the sand was being pushed back up on the beach... a real waste of my time and money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread