Today Va Beach 11-13

cage228

Jan 3, 2009
Hunt from approx 9:30-2pm 2 people. Wx wicked what ever they were calling the wind it was every bit+++. Guess 25-30+ knots, rain squalls early then heavy stinging sideways rain toward end. Dang should have waited another day,lol. Anyway low tide was approx where a normal high tide should have been. Worked at times ankle to knee deep. Knee deeps were not planned,lol. Water imo dangerous/unpredictable.

Started in Hilton area worked approx 1 hr+ wet sand at water. Nothing no clad no junk no nothing. Some shallow scalloped areas , the only cuts were around the Christmas display islands and sand was pushed up and deep on beach entry way steps/walkways.

Then drove to pier area. Just north (200yards?) of peir nothing. Inside 200 yards south of pier lots of clad. We both got approx $3+ and better junk,lol before we had to leave. Not the first pulltab or bottle cap all day. Did once get some pieces of a riped can deep :coffee2:. Way back to car north of pier agian nothing. ??? why all clad deposited south of peir??? Wheres the G getting deposited??? Anyone????

Anyway in my humble opinion tomorrow and several days following as low tide subsides toward normal be at the waters edge I think you will do well. Imho you did not miss anything today. At least in the areas we worked. Alot of beach out there and good luck to anyone headed that way. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Thanks for the report, heading down there on sunday.

Sorry you got skunked.

just curious, is the parking free down there this time of year? On the vb gov site is says the meters are monitored 27/7 april 1 thru Oct 31. Not sure what that means for the rest of the year.

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Looking forward in seeing what you guys find down there.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to know whats being found in VA and the Outer Banks today ....

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cage228 said:
We both got approx $3+ and better junk,lol before we had to leave. Not the first pulltab or bottle cap all day.

My experience is that Pulltabs and bottle caps are lightweight "Floater" type of trash, and generally
stays shallow....
If you get a lot of coins and heavier metal targets then I suspect in these area's most of the lighter
trash has been washed out or high on the dunes area.

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Well finally got down to the beach today but did not have much luck either. $1 in clad south of the pier.

Discovered the my Prizm II is lousy in the surf. it was alright in the drier sand but in the really wet areas gave me all kinds of strange signals, even with the disc. down. The VB guys were out there plowing the sand into large piles for their Christmas displays.

Headed to 40th street and found a couple of nickels but not much else, not even any junk. There was a line of shell debris in this area but it did not produce.

Saw a guy go buy in the surf with a pretty impressive rig, moving along and digging a bunch of targets.

Pretty disappointing MD'ing but is sure was a beautiful day.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread