Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

cage228

Jan 3, 2009
Great . Just my opinion and ya all know what there like. To much pubilcity gives a bad feeling in my gut. The way the world is today this could all eventually turn agianst us. Gives the no goods something else to ban. Good Luck to All !

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cage228 said:
Great . Just my opinion and ya all know what there like. To much pubilcity gives a bad feeling in my gut. The way the world is today this could all eventually turn agianst us. Gives the no goods something else to ban. Good Luck to All !

I was thinking more about the newbs I'll be competing with. Doesn't really matter though, I figure maybe one out of ten stick with it more than couple of weeks.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
GibH said:
cage228 said:

I was thinking more about the newbs I'll be competing with. Doesn't really matter though, I figure maybe one out of ten stick with it more than couple of weeks.

Exactly, what I was thinking. I look it as an opportunity to add another machine to my arsenal. The new guys will buy some top rated equipment only to give up in a couple of months. The equipment will be barely used and at a deep discount.

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

keep an eye on ebay and craigs list! there is gonna be some machines going for some lowball prices later this spring. Could be a good time to pick one up for the misses or the youngest hunter in your life.

OP
OP
47thelement

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a link, scroll half way down in the middle of the page it says Video: Matt, Meredith scour the beach for treasure.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

Very, very truthful! Guess we won't be expecting to see all those machine at rock bottom prices.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Piercesdad said:
Here is a link, scroll half way down in the middle of the page it says Video: Matt, Meredith scour the beach for treasure.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/

Very, very truthful! Guess we won't be expecting to see all those machine at rock bottom prices.

The surprise is all they found was a nickel and trash. I remember growing up and going to Jones Beach and Point Lookout and it being blanket to blanket. It was way before I got into the hobby, but I've since I've dreamed of what lies below the sand. Their hosts probably cleared the area ahead of time and planted the "finds".

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They might have done better if the coil was kept closer to the sand. It still was a nice video. They forgot to mention that being out there they got out of doing house work.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Sandman said:
They might have done better if the coil was kept closer to the sand. It still was a nice video. They forgot to mention that being out there they got out of doing house work.

Somehow, I don't think of Meredith and Matt doing their own housework.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread