Username:

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
What's the story behind your user name? I often wonder about some of the usernames I see on the forum.

"Ringman", is not a self centered title to declare that I have or can find the most rings. It came about because of the silver rings found over the last three years. I seem to find alot of silver rings about 10 to 1 silver to gold. Because silver was so cheap, it seemed not worth selling for scrap or melt so I would give it away to my daughter and her friends whenever they would have a sleep over or visit, they would "ooh and ahh" and be so happy to get to pick out thier own rings. Also, my best friend has 4 little girls and I would always bring my silver rings over when I would visit. They would all come running out when I came shouting "it's Ringman"... and to this day they still call me "Ringman". so I am Ringman.

Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a easy one .My Name is Tank , my friends family even my kids an mom call me tank , I've had the name since I was a baby .

davebien

Feb 5, 2008
DuPage County, IL
Detector(s) used
DFX and now a new Minelab Explorer SE Pro
My first name and the last 4 letters of my last name. Sure took me a long time to come up with that one, duh. :laughing7:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
"time4me" has a couple of meanings. I was co-founder of a business that my partners and I grew over 9 years and then merged with another private company where we worked even harder for another 3 years before finally getting acquired which allowed me to "retire". Over the 13 years starting, growing, running this business, I never had any time for myself. I had also recently gotten married when I started the business, and then had two sons over that 13 year span. So, after working all day and into the evening, and giving whatever was left of myself to my wife and kids, I never had any time for myself, EXCEPT when I'd stay up after everyone was asleep and spend some time indulging in my hobby, which at the time was collecting watches. I hung out on a couple of different watch collectors forums, and my username was always "time4me" because I liked the play on words - the time I was spending online was MY time - time I was spending for ME. Also, the relationship between "time" and watches. My son Kenny drew a picture for me one day of a wrist with a watch on it, and I scanned it and made it my avatar.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
<<<<------- nuff said!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
well drop the elf off mine ( tis the season ) and it was the name of my first dog. it's what he did all the time
he was a rat terrier, that used to bring dead rats up to the house and drop them on the back step
drove my mom nuts LOL

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I chose the name Coins4Cheese because I like coins and cheese. Also, if the opportunity arrives, I would be willing to trade some coins for some cheese :wink:

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I first came on TN I was HillbillyTH, The hillbilly thing got old real quick. So I change it to Gator-Flea, a nickname my Uncle gave me when I was a Kid.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Do I really need to explain? Haven't you ever read about what has been buried in NJ? NJ was at one time the biggest chicken farming area in the country. When it came to a halt, these farms were uses as illegal dumps. Still today they find tens and thousands of 55 gal barrels buried on these farms as the build! I get to dig my far share of crap! steve

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been a Police Chief for the past 20 years. Everyone just calls me Chief. Anyone I meet on the streets or in a hallway of a building calls out to me or addresses me as Chief. It has replaced my actual name in even casual conversations. So that being the case, I just go by Chief. Since Chief was taken in various forms on TNET, I added Da to the Chief for DaChief! Simple as that.

P.S. With almost 40 years of public service under my belt, (since I was 17), I can't wait to just be plain ole Jim again really soon. I have three years to reach the big 60, (401k without penalty), and I will hopefully be able to devote more time to the hobby and traveling. I won't quit working, plan on teaching at the Community College level but the Chief will soon be no more.

Thanks for the interesting reads on everyones name!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent 32 years in public service, first as a police officer and they all called me Sarge. Then as the manager of a code enforcement program where they called me Boss. No I am just plain old Jim again, so I guess I have attained your goal Chief! But now half the people I know call me Monty! Maybe not! Monty

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Originally, it was supposed to be Gold Coin, but it did not work, so I tried goldencoin. It comes from my coin collection

HH
-GC

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,
this is ez, first name robert middle is j last name nail add them together you get "rjnail"

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I spent 32 years in public service, first as a police officer and they all called me Sarge. Then as the manager of a code enforcement program where they called me Boss. No I am just plain old Jim again, so I guess I have attained your goal Chief! But now half the people I know call me Monty! Maybe not! Monty

Yep you made it Jim/Monty. I keep hearing everybody tell me that I will be bored when I retire. Lets see, Golf, Treasure Hunting, Geneology, two teenage sons, things to do at the house, teaching part time, maybe a little bit of investigative volunteer work helping to find lost or abducted children. I think I won't be too bored. And did I mention Treasure Hunting, Treasure Hunting and Treasure Hunting.

Take Care Jim.

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Re: Username: Goldnugget

Got hooked on panning for Gold In North Carolina. Land owner used to charge me $ 3.00 a day in the early 1980's. Now they want $ 10.00 for a small bucket.

Attachments

• Treasure Hunter Prospector Clay.jpg
    Treasure Hunter Prospector Clay.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 466
  • Treasure Hunter Prospector Clay.jpg
    Treasure Hunter Prospector Clay.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 474

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my treasures and my wife loves her dogs. Hence the name treasuredog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread